𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

"Everly."

The voice was slowly helping Everly come around from her forced slumber, but it wasn't enough to bring her to open her eyes just yet.

"Everly."

The voice seemed to be getting closer, desperately wanting the Jones girl to wake up. It sounded familiar, making Everly want to open her eyes, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Everly!"

The third time was enough to make Everly's eyes flash open. She sat up as quickly as possible and let out a silent gasp. Her eyes scanned the room around her, only to find it completely empty. An eerie feeling washed over her as her attention fell on a very concerned-looking Henry. The two of them just stared at each other, neither wanting to break the silence surrounding them. Because they both knew if they did then the world around them would become their reality.

But the silence soon became too much for Everly to bear and she forced herself to break it. "Where is everyone?"

The Jones girl watched as her nephew swallowed the lump in his throat before responding with three simple words. "I don't know."

Not even a second after that passed when Henry helped her to her feet before they sprinted out of the loft. Storybrooke was normally a quiet town when they weren't under attack, but this time it was too quiet. Cars were stopped in the middle of the streets with their engines still running. Shop doors were wide open but there wasn't anyone inside. It felt like a ghost town.

"Hello!" Henry yelled, hoping that they would get a response from anyone left in Storybrooke.

When they were greeted by silence, Everly found herself looking over at her nephew with a hint of fear in her eyes. "I don't think anyone's here, Hen."

The two of them just stared at each other for a moment longer before they continued walking through the uninhabited town. Even though Everly knew it was useless, the Mills boy continued calling out for anyone left behind. Despite Henry's hope that someone would respond to him, the Jones girl knew the truth. Rumplestiltskin and the Author were successful. They were able to rewrite their stories. And now she and Henry were alone in Storybrooke.

The Purest Heart followed her nephew down a few more streets, allowing him to continue his search. It wasn't long before they arrived at the Pawn Shop and forced themselves to enter. They were immediately greeted by a scratching sound that drove Everly crazy. She stood by the door as she watched Henry walk over to the record player and lift the needle before turning it off.