05

Jaisun Powell

CHAPTER TITLE

Home Sweet Home.

There is honestly no place I'd rather be after a long day at school for the first time in forever. I threw myself unto the brightly colored sheets on top of my bed and let out a heavy sigh into my pillow. The bounce must have been too much because it caused everything to fall onto the floor, making a loud bang.

"Boy you better speak when you come in this house! You scared me!" My mother rushed in with a startled look on her face. "What was that?"

I looked down at the side of my bed. The once organized books and papers I carried home were now in one messy pile on the floor.

"Nothing." I sighed.

"Mmhmm. Nothing don't make noise." I watched her eyes as they began to scan my room. "Better not be no boys in here."

That was her favorite line. She is so bipolar sometimes. This morning she was basically telling to get a boyfriend, yet she still doesn't want me around any boys.

I don't get why my mother is so complicated.

After she finally decided to leave my room, I managed to get the energy to reorganize the books that had fallen off my bed; but one of them was missing.

My diary. It was probably still in my locker.

I've had my diary since freshman year. Just like every other anti-social loner, I needed a place to put things I could never do or say out loud. I wrote about everything. Mostly school....and Jordan.

***

My homework was finished and I had even managed to slide in an hour nap.

It was now 6:30. Dinner time.

I floated down the stairs and made my way to the kitchen. As I got closer, I started to get worried. I should've been greeted with mouth-watering aromas by now. Instead, when I got to the kitchen all that was there was my mother typing away at her laptop.

"Man, I sure am hungry." I sighed dramatically as I leaned against the refridgerator.

Without even looking up from the screen, she slid me some money.

"I didn't cook today, go get you some mcdonalds or something."

I was shook. All that was in that very light pile of money was $5 and some change. What was I supposed to get with that at Mcdonalds?

"That's it?" I asked, still examining the dollar bill. "What am I supposed to get with this?"

"Don't get slick. I will pop you and you won't get nothing." she barked. At least I got her to look up from thw computer screen. "You get a discount anyways. Make it work."

Oh right, the 10% discount I get for coming into work and either slaving over a hot grill or dealing with ungrateful customers.

I rolled my eyes, after I knew she couldn't see me and walked outside the house.

The weather was so nice for it to be fall. It wouldn't be long though before I would have to be bundled up from the head down just to take out the trash.

A familiar voice calling my name interrupted me from admiring the weather.

"Jaisun!"

It was Charlie. He was getting closer to my front porch until he finally got to the gate.

"You dropped this leaving the school." He came into the gate holding a purple book with a sparkling cover.

My diary!

I rushed towards him and snatched it away. Too worried about him seeing what was inside the diary, I didn't even realize that he walked all the way to my house.

What if he looked inside? He has proabably seen all the highly innappropriate thoughts I've had about him.

And trust me, there's so much detail, but what can I say? I'm a virgin with a lot of hormones.

"How did you find my house?" I asked, flipping through the book, making sure nothing was missing.

"Alan told me." He shrugged as if knowing where I lived wasn't a big deal.

"Well thank you for returning my dia- school book. Now if you could excuse me, I need to go get something to eat." I pushed passed him and went to my mother's card before he grabbed my wrist.

"Jaisun, I know you like Jordan." he said, getting all of my attention.

So I guess he did read it.

I yanked away from him and got into the car.

Charlie got in the passenger seat.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed as I attempted to wrestle him out of the car. I may be taller than him but today proved that I wasn't stronger. He easily overtook me.

"Chill out. I can help you with Jordan."  he was panting, so I guess I put up a little fight.

"I don't need any help. I don't even like him." I tried my best to play it off as best as I could, hoping he didn't actually read anything.

"Your diary says otherwise."

Shit, he did.

"Listen, I just want to help you. I seen you getting picked on in the hallway and I want to make up for not helping you out." He looked down and began to play with his thumbs.

The sympathetic look on his face was very hard to say no to. Plus, it was obvious he wasn't getting out of the car without getting what he wanted.

"If I actually do manage to get with Jordan, how will I actually repay you?" I didn't want to show it, but I was actually getting a little excited to hopefully be able to call Jordan mines.

"No charge. The smile on your face afterwards will be the only payment I need." He smirked.

I gagged and rolled my eyes. "I guess."

"Good." He put his seatbelt on and adjusted his seat. "Now let's go get something to eat."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! We are finally getting somewhere! I'm sorry I took so long, I was on a cruise with no wifi.

Is anything confusing?

How do you feel about Charlie? Jaisun?

Vote!

Comment!

xoxo