02

Jaisun Powell

PLAYING HOUSE

"You excited for school, son?" My father said, breaking the silence in the car.

Ever since we discovered his second family, I haven't wanted to be bothered with him.

I pulled out my earphones from my hoodie pocket and began to untangle them.

"Nope." I answered simply before placing them in my ears only to have them snatched out by my step brother, Alan, who was sitting in the backseat.

"Jaisun listen to dad, he hasn't even done anything to you." he growled.

The only thing that was stopping me from swinging was this seat belt.

"I'm trying this new thing where I block out negativity in my life. I've decided to start with you both." I said taking my headphones back.

My father let out a deep sigh. "Jaisun, please don't be petty like your mother."

"Well she's really the only REAL parent I have." I snapped at him.

Simply being around my father urked my soul. Starting school again today wasn't making his situation better either.

My last comment must of hurt his feelings bbackse the rest of the car ride was silent, but I'm not complaining, anything is better than hearing his voice right now.

Pulling up to the school brought back many memories. Barely passing any of my classes, sitting alone at lunch, and basically having detention room be my second home because of the homophobic staff.

"Have a good day you two." my dad said, not even turning to look at either of us. I'm kind of glad that he's starting to feel some kind of remorse after all this time.

I walked besides my brother as we entered the school. Even though I don't have the best relationship with him, he is my only source of protection in this hell.

"What's your first period?" he asked as we started down the hallway.

"Family Living."

"There's hella girls in that class, I'll walk with you there." His neutral expression changed into a slight smirk.

Annoyed, I sped up hoping to lose him in the upcoming crowd of students coming down the hallway. But unfortunately, it was all in vain.

"Alright, you can go now." I shooed him away while blocking the door with my lanky body.

"I guess." he finally gave in and started to walk away befote turning towards me again. "Aye, get me some numbers in there. A nigga startin' to get lonely."

"You can't say that word." I snapped before going inside the classroom before he could say anything else.

I guess I got there early because there were still a lot of empty seats. Like 99% of students, I hate sitting in the front. I also hate sitting in the way back. I actually want to pay attention this year and all the loud, obnoxious, crusty, musty annoying crusty ass people sit there.

Soon, the bell rang and the class began to fill up. Out of the rush of people, I spotted someone very familiar.

"Hey baby girl." He spoke softly as he made his way to the empty seat next to me. It was my good and one of my only friends in this school.

"Jordan!" I cheered, giving him a quick hug.

He is just so scrumptious. Whenever he's around me, I instantly become happy. No matter what mood I'm in, Jordan always changes it. If he weren't straight, I guarantee you he would be inbetween these legs every night.

"How was your summer?" he asked.

"Basic."

"Same though. Only fun I had was when I was with you." he smirked a little.

I was glad I didn't have my dad's pale skin because if I did, my blush would've been very obvious.

"Alright class. It's time to start." The teacher stood up from her desk, interrupting the magic that was probably about to happen. "Since this is family living, I want you all in pairs of two. You both will represent parents. Your partner does not have to be the same race or opposite gender. No discrimination in this class." she explained, putting emphasis on not.

All eyes were on me after she said that last sentence. So far i love this teacher but I hate this class.

Without hesitation, the near silent class became filled with scooting and rushing feet. I sat patiently, hoping someone, ANYONE, would come and work with me.

Looking over at Jordan, I seen him surrounded by girls, begging to be partner.

"I'll let you be my daddy." I heard one of them say.

Ugh, thirsty hoes. I can't.

"I already have a partner, sorry." I heard him tell the now dissapointed girls, before he pulled me close to him.

If looks could kill, I would've been been murdered over and over with the looks the looks those hoes gave me.

"Whoops." I said with a wide smile.

"Not my fault he prefers brains over fish."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope You Enjoyed This Chapter!

I made it a little longer than the first!

QOTC: How do you feel about Jaisun so far? Alan? Jordan?