Chapter NINETEEN

As she rolls over on her side in bed, Bobbi lets out a yawn, stretching as she does so, and rubs her eyes to wake herself up. Once her eyes land on her alarm clock, her body bolts upright. It's seven-forty; she's going to be late for school!

Bobbi isn't one to swear, but she does utter some under her breath as she pulls her duvet off her body and rushes to her wardrobe. She slept in her dress last night, so she shimmies out of it without any problems. The first items of clothing she sees in her wardrobe are her bright orange sweater and favourite blue jeans, so she throws them on and grabs her sneakers. In front of her mirror, she brushes her fingers through her hair and ties it all on the top of her head in a bun. Runs outside her room and into the bathroom, splashes cold water on her face and gives her teeth a quick brush. Before leaving the house, she snatches her shoulder bag and an apple off the kitchen island to eat on her way to school.

Bobbi Grace has never been late to school. Not once. Never. And she didn't plan on breaking her perfect attendance any time soon.

Rounds a corner whilst checking her phone for the time. It's seven-fifty; the school bell is going to ring soon if she doesn't run any faster! Finally at the school grounds, she slows down and catches her breath, five minutes to spare. Phew! She treks to the entrance and inhales the winter air, when a familiar BMW drives around the corner, catching her attention.

The car slows to a stop, Roberto hops out and puts on a pair of sunglasses. Why he put on a pair of sunglasses during winter is a mystery. He speeds up to the doors, and once he catches up to Bobbi, she asks in a tired voice,

'Why are you wearing sunglasses?'

The boy has strange written all over him. Along with cocky and trouble. They walk inside the school building together, the corridors empty as everyone should be in Homeroom.

'I'm a little hung-over, duh,' he mumbles sarcastically in a low voice, his head down.

'Where did you get alcohol?' Bewilderment is evident in her voice. Prepares herself for a response like "the store" or something sarcastic like it, but what he answers with shocks her.

'Your dad.' He chuckles lightly, but winces and rubs his forehead. 'I swiped the rest of the wine your dad brought over last night and had my own party.'

Bobbi rolls her eyes over his state. He still wears the clothes he wore yesterday, but he doesn't forget his leather jacket, of course. His chocolate brown hair is pushed over to one side but still in his signature style – scruffy yet sexy. His face is pale and Bobbi's sure behind those sunglasses are dark circles under his eyes.

Such a badass! She thinks sarcastically. 'Smart move,' she says, nothing but sarcasm in her voice.

She still has a minute to get to class, so she waves him an awkward goodbye with a small smile and rushes down the hall.

**
The school day went well for Bobbi: she didn't see Nicholas, she handed in assignments on time -some before their due dates- and she had a surprise Chemistry test she was sure she passed. If you do your homework and study from time to time, you'll be prepared for surprise tests. Always be ahead of the game. That she always tells herself. And also Jamelia. Especially when they'd be in the school library and Jamelia would be too lazy to take out her books, so instead messes on her phone or doodles on some paper.

It isn't long until Bobbi is in front of Gracious Gardens. It's five-twenty. She didn't think she'd be early, but she was productive and motivated, and she has a good feeling about today. After spending time with his family and playing with him and his sister, things are progressing with Roberto.

She had so much fun with him and Camilla last night, it was heart-warming to see the good brother role in him. She's glad it was there, that she had the chance to see this sweet and playful side, other than the bad guy he was quickly known as to the town. She realises he's described and known as the bad guy in town for his crime; it never settled with anyone in school that he's new to town. The fire gave him a quick reputation of the "badass delinquent" and people in school are intimidated by him or don't care about him. They aren't giving themselves a chance to get to know him.