Chapter 6

"Tell me your story, Harry." I confidently say, breaking the silence. I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to be closer to him. He lowers the volume and sighs. I suddenly regret my confidence.

"Fine, but do not expect me to be detailed with everything." He snaps.

"I was born on February 1st in 1994, I just turned twenty. When I was five my dad left me and my mum, and I haven't heard from him since. Blah, blah, blah, I don't give a shit about him. After he left, I never really cared for anything. I failed school and I was never good at anything. Last year I got in a huge fight with my mum and left her all alone. I haven't spoken to her either since then. So I moved here to London and my Uncle let me live with him and his perfect little family. That's all I am telling you. No more questions about my family after this, understood?"

He is being so rude and sensitive, but I don't want to bother him and lose him as a friend. I just nod my head to prevent myself from saying anything stupid.

"What's your story? How's your perfect life with Zayn?" he rudely asks. I look over at him and I want to scream at him for what he just said. He clearly saw my cuts, how could he say my life is perfect. He's just like everyone else, always assuming my life has been perfect. I never told anyone about my family because they weren't important in my life. Harry is different though, and I want to prove him wrong and make him regret what he just said.

"You think I have a perfect life?" I practically laugh saying the whole sentence.

"I was an accident, Harry. There was this night where my mom was so drunk and she kept screaming I was an accident. She told me everything, reminding me how much she didn't want me in her life. My mother was too drunk at a damn club when she was younger, and all she wanted to do was get with a guy for a night. Of course she was able to convince a married man to do anything for her, and unfortunately that man was Zayn's father. It hit her hard when she found out she was pregnant with me. She had to stop being so damn selfish. Always thinking about what she wants, never caring about anyone. She was so scared and she didn't know what to do. She never wanted this responsibility of having a child. She secretly kept in touch with Zayn's dad, but he wasn't even there for my birth. He didn't want shit from me. My mum raised me by myself, and my dad came by occasionally. He could never love me and I knew that all too well. He could never love my mum either. Everything was fine and I was happy with my mum. Her name is Diana. She was so beautiful and gentle, but she couldn't handle it. I was a constant reminder of how she could never live her life the way she wanted to again. She didn't want to have to work two jobs to support me. She was always so selfish. There was this one night where I woke up and I heard this gun shot. I started freaking out and I ran out of my room. I kept calling for her, but she wouldn't answer. I opened the door to her room and there she was; there was blood everywhere and her body was so pale. I started screaming and I just stared at her dead body. Eventually I called an ambulance, but it was fucking useless. She already was dead. She already killed herself. Before the ambulance came I had to see if she left a note, and I found it. The officers came and made me pack everything and took me to the station. They made me call my dad but I didn't want to see him. I thought he would blame me for her suicide. I was surprised when he came as soon as he could. He hugged me and told me everything was fine. We both knew he was lying. That was two years ago, Harry. I met Zayn that night, and immediately we became close. I live with him now because he cares about me. My life is everything but perfect, Harry."

By the time I had finished I didn't realize how much I was crying, or that Harry had pulled over. I look over at him with tears in my eyes. He was speechless and in shock. I had never told anyone my life like that. I didn't want to tell Harry, but he drove me to a point where I was sick of people being so ignorant.