Chapter 5

When I wake up the next day, my head was laying on Calum's chest, and his arm was wrapped around my back. I must have fallen asleep last night and he carried me inside. I start to remember all the events that occurred and why I wasn't at home with my brother. I cringe as I remember Zayn leaving me for someone else. I hate being jealous, but it has come to this point. I look up at Calum to see if he woke up too, but he was sound asleep. I gently remove my head from his chest and walk away quietly out of the room. I find myself entering a small kitchen and eat a little.

The quietness in the kitchen is interrupted when my phone starts to ring. I look at the caller ID and see that Zayn is calling me and quickly decline the call and turn my phone on silence. It's only seven in the morning, and I am not ready to start a fight yet.

I was over thinking things with my brother and I started to panic. My breathing is short and my heartw is beating too fast. I don't want to cause a scene so early so I try to make my way out of the hotel and get some fresh air. After I pass through the lobby and make my way outside, my body paralyzes. I see a boy with messy hair and several tattoos covering his arm in a car with the windows down. Harry.

He looks so good even this early in the morning. He pushes his hair back with his fingers and turns towards my direction. I can't help but blush as he stares at me with a small smile. He playfully sticks his head out of the window and says good morning.

"How'd you even find me?" I stutter, slightly embarrassed.

"I saw you leave with them, and I figured they were staying at the nearest hotel," He spoke, staring at the morning sky. "I didn't like that you left with Calum all over you either. I don't want you hanging around him," he demanded. I stare back at his face as he spoke and his expression was serious.

"Why are you even here?" I ask, ignoring his remark about Calum. I can do what I want, he can't control me.

"I was worried about you." He mumbles softly. Is he serious? Why would he bother to care about me?

"Get in the car," he demands. I am too tired to care what I do at this point. I get in the car and slam the door closed. I watch as Harry starts the ignition. He turns the radio on and the beautiful voice of Kurt Cobain fills the car. I try to fight smiling, but I can't help it. Harry breaks the silence between us.

"I didn't know you were friends with Christina," he laughs while driving away from the hotel. I had totally forgot about Christina. I throw my head in my hands and curse. I can hear Harry continuing to laugh at me.

"Why do people find it funny to laugh at my issues? My brother left me at some stranger's party and I completely ignored my only other friend. Then I wake up on top of some kid I don't know," I say practically screaming. Why can't things just work out?

"You consider me a stranger? I thought we were friends," Harry smiles when I look over at him. "You need to quit worrying about things, Alex. Stuff like this happens in our lives, and we just have to get through it. You can't enjoy things when you worry. You can't be happy when you only focus on the negative things in your life." I am in shock at his answer. I never really thought about things like that. Maybe he really does want to help me.

"Where are we going?" Is the only thing I can think of saying.

"I'm going to make sure you have the best day of your life today," he says reaching over and ruffling my hair like I'm a little kid. I laugh and swat his arm away.

"Good luck with that." I say as I roll the window down and lean out, enjoying the warm day and cool breeze. I think I heard Harry say that he will do anything to make me happy, but I ignore him. I hum along to About a Girl by Nirvana, while thinking about Harry's advice. He's right and that bothers me, but I listen to what he said and decide to ignore all the things that are worrying me today. I forget about my brother and Calum and Christina. It's been awhile since I have felt this weird feeling. I am not sure if it is happiness or not, but I like it.

"So where are we going?" I ask with my eyes close.

"I don't plan things, I just let it happen." He spoke so calmly. Being in this car with someone I barely knew made me happy enough.

I am still exhausted from last night and all the events that occured. I watch Harry's face and smile, and I feel myself drifting off and falling asleep.

When I wake up again, I am in another bed; this is starting to become a norm for me. I try lifting myself up, but a large weight is keeping me from moving. I shift my head to see Harry's hands wrapped around my waist and his left leg lying on top of both of my legs. His head is resting on my shoulder and his hair is tickling my neck. Without waking him, I reach for my phone that remained in my back pocket. It's only ten in the morning. I see that I have thirteen missed calls, most from Zayn and some from Christina. The message is from Calum.

*Hey, are you ok? Woke up and you weren't here :( let me know that you're alright*

"Don't you dare answer him," Harry whispers into my ear with his deep voice. Chills run down my back from his harsh tone. I  turn my phone off, sliding it back into my pocket.

"Good." He whispers, kissing my cheek. He removes his hand from my waist, and I whine as he gets up from the bed. He smiles and walks over to a dresser, grabbing two shirts. I take in all of the objects in the room. It's painted a nude color and the only funiture in the room is the dresser against the wall and his bed.  I look back over at Harry and watch him as he removes his shirt. His chest is covered in detailed tattoos, a butterfly lying just above his stomach. I am mesmerized by the variety of tattoos that covered his body. He notices me staring and I can feel my cheeks burn up again. Laughing, he hands me the other black shirt he took out of the dresser. I motion him to turn around while I change and he starts groaning and complaining. I quickly remove Luke's jacket and my band shirt, replacing it with Harry's oversized shirt. I put Luke's jacket back on and feel guilty for never giving it back, unsure if I will see any of them again.

"Is the princess ready?" he says, mocking me. I shoot him a look and he laughs, opening the door motioning me to follow him. He leads me down the stairs and to the front door. The house is so still and quiet; neither of us say a word. I notice my Vans neatly placed at the door and I slip them back on. I look up to find Harry staring at me with a gazed look.

"You really are beautiful," he almost whispers, walking out of the door with the keys in his hand, saying nothing more. I follow him, smiling from his sweet compliment. I could tell Harry really did mean it, he wasn't just telling me I am beautiful because he felt like he had to. When I join Harry in the car he is still staring at me. He slowly leans forward and kisses me, and I can feel myself relax. When I am around him I let all my problems diminish and I let my guard down. I break the kiss, unsure if I liked what he was making me become. He looks confused, but he moves back and starts the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask once more.

"I don't know. Wherever we go, I hope it makes you happy." He reaches towards the volume and the 1975 starts blasting in his car. He says nothing more.