17. When Dominoes Fall

Lucas wasn't exactly excited to see his uncle. He was, however, excited about the information he'd received on Marcus. When the law fails to do their job, Don never disappoints. If not for the slew of felonies on his personal record, he'd be the best fed America could hire.

"He's up north," Don welcome Lucas into the living room, "Some sleazy hotel. Do you think Maya's there?" Don held the face of a concerned father. Luke almost forgot that his uncles were his greatest enemy at the moment.

Luke wanted to tell him Maya wasn't that dumb. He wanted to assure him that she was just in over her head and young. However, she knew exactly what she was doing. Luke was hesitant but he sat next to Don with his arms folded over his knees in a slouch, "Yes." He laid down, "I could put my money on it."

A single tear rolled down Don's aging face. As if he'd turned his gangster mode off and he was actually a human being, "I thought I raised her better than this..."

"You can't control her anymore," Luke sighed, "She's an adult." Luke leaned in sincerely, "But no matter what she says or does. She loves you."

"She's in a hotel... With a child molester." Don reminded him.

"She loves him," Luke shrugged, "She'll do anything to convince us, as well as herself, he's the man of her dreams."

"What if she's there when all this goes down?"

Luke didn't know how to answer that. He knew Maya was the kind of girl to take a bullet for the ones she loved. He knew she'd probably get herself killed. He twiddled his thumbs.

"What about Ana?" Don questioned, "She could squeal?"

"She's not." Lucas sat back and studied the ceiling, "She won't even leave me; knowing I could get arrested!" Lucas facepalmed himself, "She's too stubborn to admit that's what's best for her."

"Somehow I think you're being a little hypocritical." Don pointed out, "She's an adult ; you can't control her; She'll always love you-"

"I get it." Luke smirked, "I just don't want her hurt; waiting on me to get out. Never finding true- I don't want her hurt."

"I understand." Don looked past him at Ana who was smiling at him. Luke turned to see Ana and he lit up on the outside, inside her was pondering what Don had placed on his conscience.

"How's The Talk?" Luke asked her.

"As predictable as any other talk show, I suppose." she shrugged leaving an awkward silence.

"Well," Don stood and looked at Luke, "It's time to go, Luke."

"Yeah," Luke never took his eyes off of Ana, "I have to go. Remember what I said." He rushed over to place a gentle peck on her lips. Ana just watched as the back of Luke's head disappear out of the front door.

*******

Luke held his pistol towards the floor as Don loaded a magazine. Don passed Luke the magazine and with a snap it held in place. Don looked at the hotel and then at his nephew whose face was drenched in anger.

"Don't do anything...rash."

"I'm not thinking..." Luke stepped out of the car tucking his gun in his belt, hiding it with his coat.

"No matter what you still have Ana," Don reminded jogging to catch up, "She needs you,"

Luke ignored his uncle and swung open the glass doors to the hotel. For a crappy hotel, the receptionist was dressed in designer. Head to toe, this man was wearing at least $100,000. Not to mention the gold watch. Luke approached the man, his name was 'Matt' or so his name tag read.