Even though I could feel his eyes had never left me, I refused to look at him. "You know what I'm talking about, Rain. Stay away from him!" He whisper yelled, obviously not wanting his precious little mate secret to be overheard by his father.

I cursed my own name and the way it fell perfectly off his tongue, as if he was meant to say it. That right there is exactly why I missed those two weeks of not speaking to him, why I longed for the second he was out of my house and out of my life. Well technically not out of my life, we did go to the same school, but still.

"Don't tell me what to do, Mason." Screw the no eye contact thing, I glared at him and if I could have I would have killed him with my eyes there and then. What annoyed me more was the fact his brown iris's shifted to his wolf's color and the subtle purr humming from his wolf didn't go unnoticed. Seems he liked his name on my lips as well.

Note to self; never say the 'M' word to his face again.

He snorted. "I just have, sweetheart." For a second I wondered what Alpha Peter would do if I pounced on his son and clawed his eyes out with my bare fingers.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I could feel myself beginning to shake. Damn jerk had made me angry. "How dare you think you can tell me who to speak to?" Why did it always end up like this? Arguing and bringing the past up. Okay, so whilst it wasn't exactly peachy that he rejected me, it needed to be dropped.

"Dammit, Rainie! Just do as I say and stay the hell away from him!" I fought the urge to both laugh in his face and punch him, how dare he think he can come in to my house and order me to do something in the hope I would listen to him. No, he lost that privilege the day he rejected me.

"No! I tell you what I think should happen," I narrowed my eyes, "I think you should stay the hell away from me."

Taking a small, hesitant step towards me he outstretched his hand, but I stepped back avoiding it. Letting my wolf feel his skin against mine would only cause her more hurt. Getting the message, he let his hand drop back down to his side. "We should go." He said giving a heavy sigh and hung his head. "This isn't the time to talk about us." I nodded in complete agreement and made my way out of the door, Mason following closely behind with his intoxicating scent enveloping me and burning a passion I had never felt to my very core.

Stepping into the living room I was greeted by eight pairs of eyes staring directly at me, each face holding a different emotion. Emma and Ray shared a look of sympathy and pity, both of which I didn't want. Nicky and Bella's expression let me know they were a mixture of being angry, probably at the sight of me walking into the room with Mason, and as if they were out for blood, again probably Mason's. My mom and dad just looked angry and Alpha Tom looked as calm and collected as always, lost in his thoughts. My eyes drifted to where Alpha Peter stood and I would have thought he was just as composed as Tom if it hadn't of been for the way his body seemed to stand rigid.

I sat in between Ray and Nicky with my parents facing me. The tension that hung in the air was enough to choke us. What happened for everyone to be here?

Alpha Hudson has some news. He and my dad said it needs to be shared with your pack. It didn't take a genius to figure out who had linked with me. Even the sound of his voice had my wolf purring in ecstasy.

I wanted to know what was going on, but I didn't want to speak to him anymore than I already had done. Looking to my parents, they seemed to be in deep conversation with the Alphas, looking just as in the dark as the rest of us. 

Reluctantly, I zoned in on the voice that had me shivering with pleasure. Do you listen to every thought that I have? I sighed, letting the annoyance I felt go. This wasn't the time for yet another argument. What did he tell him? I glanced over to where Mason stood, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his body and his feet mirroring the position, crossed at the ankle.