Love.

Why was my Alpha looking at Jude with love? They didn't know each other, so why would he have such a strong emotion for a stranger. Maybe it was my mistake, no it had to be. I shook my head, I was being an idiot, of course it was just the Alpha being as warm and welcoming as he always was. Lost in thought I hadn't realized the room had emptied, the last I caught was Jude's figure leaving through the kitchen door.

Crap!

"Having fun?"

Double crap!

Spinning too quickly on my heel, those little dots flickered in front of my eyes and before I knew it I had landed on my butt with a low thud. "Ow." That really bloody hurt.

What happened to the guys in all of those stories who catch the girl just before they land? Stupid ass.

Standing up and brushing myself off, I came face to face with the most handsome man I will ever see. My mate. My heart doubled in speed and my pulse went with it. If I thought I had a flock of birds in my stomach when I was close to Jude, I couldn't begin to imagine what was flying around in there now. God, even my palms were sweating. The loved up wolf inside of me woke up with a burst of energy at the sight of her mate, hot lust running through our veins.

Trying desperately to ignore the burning need that erupted inside to have Mason touch me, I adverted my attention back to the sting I was currently feeling. "What?" I snapped, still rubbing my sore butt. God, it wouldn't have killed him to reach out and give me a hand or something.

I made eye contact with him and boy, I wished I hadn't. The blue eyes held nothing but fury and hate, his brows were furrowed and his lips set in a thin, straight line. "Just now." He spat. "Where you having fun?" The perfect features on his face hardened.

I knew he was referring to Jude, but it would have been too easy for me to admit that. "I don't know what you're talking about." I feigned ignorance. He really thought he could come in here and start questioning me after all I've felt for the past two weeks, didn't he?

Well in his words, no such luck, sweetheart.

He began to advance towards me. "Don't play the innocence with me." I could see that he was having trouble keeping his wolf in check, but that was just another thing I couldn't care less about right now, despite my own wolf going crazy inside of me. "He had his hands all over you." I realized the hate and anger wasn't directed at me, but at Jude. Pain flashed across his eyes, but it was too late for all that. It was too late to take back the hurt he had caused me and no matter how much my wolf wanted to jump into his arms, I wouldn't let it happen. I had to be strong, if for nothing else than my own sanity.

Straightening my back and lifting my head, I stood my ground hoping my voice would remain as strong as I needed it to be. "That's none of your concern."

"None of my concern?" He questioned, astonishment written all over his face, but it was quickly replaced by his angry glare. What was he shocked about? "How is it none of my concern?"

"Because you rejected me." I shrugged and answered bluntly. "You don't love me and you don't want me so why does it matter who touches me?" My heart hurt having to admit those words over again and I couldn't help but wonder if that was part of his plan.

Knowing that I felt it each time he was with another girl, everything he had said to me, making me feel worthless and unwanted, was this just another way of proving he didn't want me? Was it another way to make me realize how much he meant his decision?

His face hardened once more, "You will stay away from him." He hasn't just ordered me what to do?

"What are you talking about?" If he has, I will hit him. Hard. Of course I knew exactly who he was.