18. Wimila

There's nothing better than the feeling you get from waking up naturally, when your body feels completely rejuvenated and full of energy.

My body feels physically different. It's like I've run a marathon, but the sores and tiredness from it are non-existent.

I stretch out my stiffened muscles and feel a warm, sleeping body next to me. Lauren's long, dark hair is all dishevelled, she hugs what I first thought was a mutated pillow, but now identify as Nala, tight to her chest. I lean on my side and rest a hand underneath my jaw to look at her better.

There's only 1 word I could use to describe Lauren right now and that would be adorable. Every now and then, her nose twitches when a strand of her hair tickles her skin.
I cover my mouth, trying my hardest not to wake Lauren up with giggling. The problems fixed when I tuck the lock of hair behind her ear. I might as well have been laughing because Lauren's eyes slowly flutter open, sleep still riddled in them.

It takes her a moment to familiarise who's next to her and what happened last night. I know when I woke up, I needed to give myself a good second to decide that yesterday, was in fact, not a dream.

"Hi."

Lauren locks eyes with me, no expression on her face to give me a clue as to what she might be thinking.
I thought about it. About how Lauren might have regretted last night. She might regret saying she'll stay with me for Christmas here in New York. Who knows, she still might want Lucy more than she wants me.

She groans as she rubs the tiredness from her eyes.

"What time is it?"

"8:52"

Lauren hums, letting go of Nala and placing it behind me. She takes my arm that was resting on my jaw and turns me around so my backs facing her, making it easier for her to cuddle me instead. Welcome arms possessively wrap around my stomach and a kiss is left on my shoulder blade before she falls back asleep.

I'm surprised at first, but soon sink into her, loving how her skin feels against mine. We stay like that for a while, in fact, I nearly drift off to sleep again like she has.
But we really need to get up and get ready for the day. This isn't a day like any other, we'll be performing in about 10 hours and we still have the last of rehearsals and soundcheck to do before the show starts.

Careful not to wake her up, I gently unravel Lauren's arms and legs from me and slide out of bed, replacing my body with the stuffed animal she clung onto earlier on.

I'm about to shut the bathroom door and get in the shower, when a raspy, seductive voice grabs my attention.

"I want to cuddle you, not Nala."

I turn around and see Lauren stood up instead of on the bed I'd left her on. There's nothing sexier than a confident and naked Lauren starring at me, looking like she's ready to prance on me at any second.

"Can I join you?"

I respond with a bite to my grinning lips and a nod.

She prolongs her walk over to me just a bit longer than usual and sway her hips more flirtatiously than she normally would.

I lean in, just enough to graze her lips, but not grant her the pleasure of kissing them yet, and whisper.

"Now it's your turn."

-------

It's 12:13 and after a very... memorable morning, Lauren and I were finally heading down stairs to go to the last of our rehearsals.

I'm more nervous than usual. I have no clue if the girls will be able to see right through Lauren and I. They'll know somethings up when they see us together.
Come to think of it, I'm not even sure Lauren doesn't want to tell them about what happened last night...