Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Hey Linds," he said to me sweetly.

I brought out my earphones and placed them into my ears and kept walking. It was recess, so he didn't really have a place he needed to be, and unfortunate for me, I didn't either.

"Lindsey. Lindsey!" he said again.

I turned to my left to look at him.

"What do you want, Jake," I said with a sigh.

"This is the third time I'm asking, can I explain what happened, please." he asked.

"You have nothing to explain." I said back to him, while still facing forward.

"Lindsey, please. You don't have to believe me, just let me get it off my chest."

I contemplated my situation and its possible outcomes for a good few seconds.

"Fine, you have five minutes." I said to him.

He took hold of my wrist, probably to show me where he was going to talk. But, I wiggled it away.

"I'll just follow you," I said to him.

"Okay," he said in a sad tone.

He leaded me into the library, and to the back where there are tables you can sit at.

He took his seat, and I sat down across the table.

"Okay, so first, I am not involved with Chey at all." he said to me.

I just looked at him and listened.

"She just came to me at my locker, and said she wanted things to be the way they were when we were dating." he stated.

They dated before?

"Then why were your hands on her waist?" I asked, hurt.

"She took my hands and placed them on her waist. I didn't do that on my own. It didn't feel right, and I was stupid not to take them off as soon as she did that." he said.

I was a little confused, and I guess he could tell.

"Is there anything else you wanna know?" he asked me. I contemplated my thoughts.

"Why didn't it feel right?" I asked, but not looking at him.

"Why?" he asked. I nodded my head.

"Because, I like you, Lindsey, and only you."

What did he just say?

"What did you just say?" I said to him.

"I like you," he said again, staring at the ground.

"So, do you believe me?" he asked, placing his hand on mine, that rested on the table.

I felt my face becoming warm, and nodded at him. He got up from his seat and came to hug me. I returned the hug, happy what I saw happening between them wasn't true.