~ Chapter 4 ~

I was in trouble. Big trouble. And I knew it.

It was half eleven in the morning and I had only just arrived at the company's building. The architecture only seemed even more intimidating as I travelled in the glass elevator to the top floor.

I took a deep breath as the doors slid open in front of me.

"Good morning." I spoke quietly.

"Seolhyun! Why are you so late?" Yuna asked me with a worried expression.

"I'm so sorry, I overslept after last night." I bowed repeatedly.

"It's okay! It's okay!" She reassured me.

"We don't mind, it's just..."

"Jungkook, he seemed angry." Hoseok explained to me.

I nodded my head and sighed. It was as I expected, but there was no point hesitating now, better late than never!

"Good luck." Mina said as I walked towards Jungkook's office, I smiled to her before I slowly opened the door.

Jungkook was speaking on his phone, when he saw me he gestured for me to enter and wait in front of his desk.

I waited patiently, gazing at the view outside of his office window, it still amazed me that I could work somewhere as luxurious and important as this, I worried that my mistake of being late could risk me my job.

Finally Jungkook finished his call, I looked at him expectantly as he stood up from his desk with a dark look in his eyes.

He walk towards me painfully slowly, I also walked backwards until I felt my back hit the wall and I could move no more.

"J-Jungkook what's gotten into you?"

"You seemed like you wanted to be closer since you kept on talking to me informally last night and calling me Kookie!" He raised his voice and I jumped as his hand slammed next to my head on the wall.

He looked down at me intimidatingly, only just now had I realised the extent of our height difference. He towered over me as our distance decreased even more.

His gaze was so intense that I had to tightly close my eyes just to avoid the awkwardness.

"Ah! Sorry to interrupt you."

My eyes shot open when I heard Namjoon's voice.

"It's not what it looks like!" I called out to him desperately, trying to escape Jungkook however he simply placed his second hand on the wall; trapping me further.

Despite this Namjoon had already hastily left the office.

"Do you mind explaining to me why you are late to work?"

"The subway was really delayed! I had to travel a long route to get here." I lied.

"The real reason?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"I overslept and had a hangover from last night." I mumbled as I stared down at my feet, not wanting to see Jungkook's expression of anger.

Finally he distanced himself from me, returning to his desk to work on the computer. I let out a lengthy sigh.

"Do you not want this job?" Jungkook's asked me in a careless manner, not even bothering to look me in the eye.

"I do! I do!" I exclaimed hastily, Jungkook smirked. His smugness was radiating throughout the room, I could tell that he was thoroughly enjoying having this much power over me.

"I'm going to have to see a rapid improvement if you want to stay on the team."

"What do I have to do?" I asked timidly, I was afraid that I would simply be irking him further.