PROLOGUE- In someone else's eyes.

It was dark and the stars had begun to peep out of the black blanket they hid behind. I had been driving for over five hours so I was relived when I arrived at the small but crowded town. It looked normal, nothing hinted of the evil plans, which encased it. As I pulled the big truck I was driving onto the pavement I could hear loud music come from the house to my left.

I had good hearing so as I sat there in the silence I began to make out the voices of two teenage girls.

 “I’m so excited, I can’t believe I am finally going to turn fifteen!” I heard someone say. This voice was sweet innocent. I sighed when I heard this girl’s excitement of turning fifteen. If she knew the truth she wouldn’t be so happy. She must be the girl, Tiffany, the one I am taking. The other person seemed irrelevant but as words carried on being exchanged I began to notice that the second person didn’t seem to say much. When they did speak they spoke in a monotone, robotic voice. There was no expression in there voice whatsoever. It then dawned on me who- or what – they were. I was surprised. The Perfects had never interacted with humans the last time I had been here, but then again the Mayor and his forces were getting stronger. But so were we. The people of Imperfectis were growing each day and with each day we saved more people.

 For a while I just sat in silence after the twe girls left. I listened to my breathing and to the sound of my heart go thump-thump. I shouldn’t of been nervous, I’d done this millions of times before but for some reason I worried that I wouldn’t be able to save tiffany. It had happened before; a savtor would come back with nothing but their defeated pride. Humiliated in front of their family and friends. Stop, I told myself, you will be fine. But even as I reassured myself my heartbeat sped up and my hands got sweaty when I looked at the clock and realized it was time.  

 Quietly I crept out of my car and onto the pavement. It was a hot day, moisture clung to the air and I resisted the urge to take my jacket off. I can’t be seen, I reminded myself. I managed to climb over the fence, which surrounded the front garden of the house on my left. From pure guessing I managed to find a secret passageway from the side of the house which led to a back garden. I followed the music to a door. Making sure that there was nobody watching I got out my lockart. I pointed it at the intricate lock and after five seconds I heard a click. The door was open. Grinning I stepped inside the room and shut the door behind me. I was in a kitchen, plastic red cups lay scattered on the floor. This was defiantly a party. Suddenly I felt a cold hand against my neck, quickly I turned around, grabbed the gun in my pocket and placed it on the head of my victim to find a pair of blue eyes staring at me. I moved the gun immediately.

“Dammit, Scarlett! You can’t just do that!” Scarlett looked at me then giggled.

“Your no fun Myst!” Scarlett taunted, she walked over to me and placed her face close to mine. Then she moved her hand and stroked my face. “Where’s the old crazy, fun Myst I knew?” I flinched from her touch and moved away from her.

“He grew up.” Growling I carried on talking “Aren’t you supposed to be getting your brother anyway?” Scarlett walked over to me tapped me on the head then spoke.

“That’s what I’m doing. Bye Myst.” She said raising her eyebrows at me. Then she sauntered off and walked outside humming as she went. Scarlett never failed to put me in a bad mood, and it wasn’t good that I was in one now.  I had to be 150% focused and as I walked into the theatre room I worried that I wasn’t.

 People were everywhere. All teenagers of course. I put my hood up, so as not to draw any attention. Although, I realized it could do the opposite. I had walked into a huge room, at the front stood a stage. The rest of the room was filled with people. Some dancing, some chatting, some texting on their phones. There were a lot of people. For now the curtains were down but my guess was that Tiffany would appear behind them. “Tiff-a-ny. Tiff-a-ny.” The chants began to start and as they did the curtains slowly rose.

 At first it was hard to make out what the girl with the sweet voice looked like, but soon enough her face became clear. She had long blond wavy hair, that went down to her shoulders and fair skin. Freckles lightly dotted her face and a smile shone on her lips. Then I saw her eyes. They were a deep emerald color, which glimmered in the light like the actual Jewell would.

 This was Tiffany Recnots and hell, she was beautiful.