TWO- Myst

I awoke to the cool breeze on my face. That’s strange, I thought. I didn’t think I was outside. Slowly I let the sun seep through my eyelids when a stabbing pain went through my scull.

"Ow" I said.

"Oh yeah, sorry about the head. I'll get you some ice at the next petrol station"

Who the hell was that?? I thought shocked.

Abruptly I sat up and opened my eyes to find myself in the front passenger seat of a car. A boy about 17 or 18 that I vaguely recognised was sitting next to me driving.

I screamed and attempted to punch the boy in the nose, but he grabbed my hand before I could.

"Jeez calm down, sleeping beauty"

Ignoring his words I struggled out of his grasp and began thrashing at the car door to try and open it.

"It won’t open,” he said surprisingly calmly. "The door is doubled locked and the window is bulletproof, I’m afraid there’s no way out, do you not remember last night?"

Suddenly images from last night flashed before my eyes. I remembered running and then being shoved into a car seat, the rest is black.

"What happened? Why am I here? I need to go back home! I’m getting the secret today and everyone will be looking for me. Take me home or I’ll call the police!!"

"Not happening beauty, your more safe here than at 'home', they won't even know your gone."

"What are you talking about? Take me home!"

"Nope, if you go back there you are going to get killed, killed. I'm not going to hurt you, I actually saved you and it's nice to know you appreciate it" he spoke harshly with an undertone of sarcasm.

"Well what do you expect??" I shouted, I was angry now maybe even beyond angry. "you knock me out, put me in your car with no explanation whatsoever and it seems that you then expect me to trust you and to just go with it!! You BETTER start explaining what’s going on otherwise I AM calling the police; I don’t even know your name!! Oh and don’t call me beauty!"  After I finished talking it was so silent, I could of sworn to have heard my heart beating. It stayed like that for five minutes. When he finally turned to look at me I noticed that his eyes were a warm chocolaty brown colour. He spoke four words to me then,

"Myst, my names Myst"

*****

For five hours we said nothing to each other unless we had to. We ate in silence, drove in silence, and basically did everything in silence until I couldn’t stand it any more.

"You owe me and explanation" I said gently. Myst sighed,

"You won't like it"

"I don’t care, I need to know I can trust you." I paused "tell me everything"

So he did:

"It’s a long story..."

"I think we’ve got a while,” I said stretching my arms and legs out and managing a small smile. Myst smiled too.

"Well I suppose...I found out the truth the night of my sixteenth birthday party, it had just finished and I was attempting to go to sleep. The night was quiet so when I heard someone creep into my bedroom as slow and silent as possible I knew something was wrong. I opened my eyes and found my dad standing above me with a gun.”

Back in the present time I gasped,

" It was right in my face.  I was only inches away from death. My dad and me stood there for ages, not moving his dirty breath in my face. Suddenly the adrenaline kicked in. As fast as I could, I punched him in the face and kicked him where it hurt. Then I legged it never looking back. I could here my dad calling me but I didn’t listen. I just kept telling myself to run.  I stole a car and went to a different town, I never wanted to come back but curiosity got the better of me and I kept asking myself loads of questions: