"We did. Rosalind made Lasagna on Celina's request."

Even though Shadow's back was still facing Aaron yet the latter could hear the relief in the former's voice.

"That's good. Send Samael to look after it. We do not want it to die before it suffers, do we?" Aaron asked rhetorically, referring Bram as it.

Both the men left the basement, not at all moved by the anguished yells of help of Bram. Going into his room, Aaron changed into his night clothes before going to the study room through the attached double doors. He was about to study the files placed on the glass table when his cell phone started to ring. 

"Yes Dad." Aaron said, opening the file.

"That is no way to greet your father, Aaron."

"Dad, I am sure that you have not called me to give a lesson on my greetings and etiquettes."

"That is true, son. Where are you now?"

"At work." Aaron said stiffly, keeping answers as short as possible.

"Why are you still at work? I thought we specifically asked you to go home after our dinner with the Johnsons." Alexander spoke in disapproving voice and added, "We should have followed you to your home and I should have let Kiara tuck you in the bed."

"Dad, I am not a four year old who needs to be tucked into the bed. I have some important work and that needs to be done here. That is why I am here." Aaron ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Can your work not wait till tomorrow?"

"Dad, you know I would have not come here if it was possible. Don't worry, I will sleep in the penthouse."

Alexander heaved out a deep sigh, knowing well that Aaron would not listen to him. "I wish you would listen to us for once, Aaron James Kent We are your parents."

Aaron cursed loudly as Alexander hung up the call without bidding a farewell.

"And I wish I could make you understand and the things they are, Dad but that could not happen. We all have wishes which cannot be granted to us no matter what. We all desire for the forbidden." Aaron said to himself before burying himself into the files.

It was after an hour when Aaron felt the need to have coffee. Brewing himself a mug, he read the time on his cell phone. It was quarter past eleven in the night. He frowned as there was a notification from Faith. Tapping on the screen, he let out a chuckle on seeing the picture message she had sent him. 

It was a   picture of Faith with her tongue poking out at the camera. On her left was sitting Iris, reading a book and from the looks of the picture, Aaron figured out that Iris was unknown to the photograph being taken stealthily by Faith. He checked the time to see that he had received the notification one and a half hour ago. He did not reply, not wanting to disturb Faith. 

All the way back to the study, his thumb kept on hovering over Iris' picture. Though her face was not visible completely yet the rip could still be seen clearly on her face which only boiled his blood. Out of anger, he threw half-full mug of coffee against the wall before punching the table with his fist.

"I will make sure you die every fucking day before killing you mercilessly. I will make your soul suffer before your body will wither. Curt, you will be dead after dying every bloody second." Aaron vowed in deep voice which had an unflinching strength. His eyes grew purple with fury to the point where he could just burn up Curt to the mere ashes.

Taking the glass of water, Aaron poured it on his head an let out a sigh. He frowned as his cell phone began to ring at this hour. His frown deepened as his mind started running on the track of terrible thoughts on reading Iris' name.