Liam Dunbar - "You're important too"

"Why aren't you breaking up with him?"

"Why don't you tell him that you'll leave him if he doesn't change anything and doesn't start spending time with you?"

"Why is he hanging around with Scott so much?"

"Why does it seem like Scott and his friends are more important than you?"

You put down your pen while you stared at the chalkboard in front of you. You couldn't concentrate on chemistry right now. You couldn't concentrate on anything right now.

"Hey..." Liam sat down next to you and he placed a hand on your arm. "Is everything okay? You don't look okay." He widened his eyes a little and you bit your lip while you let out a deep sigh.

You weren't sure if you were okay. Just like you weren't sure if everything between you and Liam was still okay.

"You know you can tell me everything, do you?" Liam spoke softly, but you avoided his glance.

You weren't sure if you could tell him this. You weren't sure if you could ask him this, because you weren't sure if you wanted to hear the answer. "Liam..." You paused for a moment and took a deep breath. "Do you still want to be with me? Because..." You shrugged your shoulders and your fingers tapped nervously on your desk. "Sometimes I'm not sure if you still like me."

Liam kept silent for a short moment. His hand, still on your arm, sweated a little and he took a deep breath before he turned his face towards you. "I still like you and I still love you and I'm so sorry that I don't have that much time for you, I really am." Liam licked his lips and his cheeks started to blush. "I..."

"Liam?" You hesitated for a moment. "You know you can tell me everything, do you?" You repeated his own words and Liam nodded before he stood up.

Without saying a word he walked out of the classroom, but at the door he waited and you quickly stood up too to follow him. "There is something I need to tell you..." Liam took a deep breath while he grabbed your hand and pulled you with him towards the locker room.

The locker room was completely empty at this time of the day. Classes had only just started and most sporters were trying their very best not to fail too hard so they would be allowed to play this weekend.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you this, but I don't want you to think that only Scott and his friends are important to me." Liam sat down on one of the benches and you sat down next to him. "You're important too. And I don't want to lose you."

A smile spread across your face and you felt your cheeks blushing a little. "I promise that I won't tell anyone what you're going to tell me." You took a deep breath and your heart was racing in your chest. "And I promise that I will believe you, no matter what it is."