three

comment, vote, share
                                ➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

present day
3| kyle

THICK, HOT, STICKY POOLS OF SWEAT BEADED down my skin as I belted out the last note of our closing song, 'Forever'. The crowds abrupt screaming and yelling almost caught be off guard as I left the daze I was in, my chest was pounding and and the pain was now a slow dulling ache. "Thank you, everybody." I bowed momentarily before running back off stage and running my hands through my short, cropped hair almost bumping into a leggy fluorescent redhead. Her pale, thin freckled arms attached  themselves around my shoulder and waist as she poorly attempted to grind her body against mine, it was taking everything within me not to push her away right now. "Can I help you?" I politely asked wanting to desperately run away and sleep in the comfort of my home for the next 15 years, or at least until 12 noon the next day.

"You were amazing out there," she purred flicking her chemically processed hair towards me, the smell of apricots and over priced perfume lingered in the air of Bar 88, the place we were performing tonight, but it soon combined with the sticky atmosphere of the bar turning the smell thick and revolting. I almost gagged. I nodded as if go say 'thanks' silently praying to let me disappear from the crowd and more importantly, her. The redhead pursed her lips and leaned towards me, "I'm not wearing any underwear..." I shuddered, and not in a good way. I attempted to resist the urge to grimace.

"Well, maybe you should - I heard going commando can lead to some..." I trailed off as I looked at the slender red head up and down for the first time before my eyes rested on her green ones. "Problems, good luck with it though. Now, if you'll excuse me -"

I attempted to turn but she put her arm in front of me prohibiting me from walking much further. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, "Not so fast there, Kyle." She slams a folded newspaper on my chest. "I heard from a little birdie that you'd be willing to give me an inside scoop." 

Looking down at he the paper I see the obnoxiously large title, "LOOKS LIKE KYLE'S BACK AT THE BOTTLE! - Exclusive by Evelyn Grey".  A dull familiar ache echoed in heart, did she just play me this whole time? My eyes ripped away from her mocking words and back to the Redhead.

I leaned closer to her, seeing a small skin coloured ear bud protruding from her where the ear piece was slightly too big for her, I inwardly sighed. Paparazzi. "I don't know who you are, what company you're working for or with but you had better move from my sight before you make an enemy of me, otherwise your job will be the last thing you're going to be worrying about."

Her moss green eyes rounded in fear and she gasped audibly before her thinning lips pulled into a frown and as she glared up at me. "This will not be the last you see of me, Kyle." She threatened. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Look, lady, you can write whatever you want about me in those damn tabloids but at the end of the day, have some self respect." I quipped before abruptly disappearing behind the stage where Griffin, Matt, Slater and Evelyn's friend, Theresa was waiting for me, Evan had oddly disappeared.

"Who was that?" Theresa smiled , her silvery purple hair fell into her eyes skimming past her round nose. Her cheeks had a faint blush on them as if she had been running. She was all clad in jeans and leather with a thick silver ring on each finger. Theresa sported thickly pencilled in black eyebrows with matching eyeliner although they matched the stereotypical 'London look' stereotype of the gap between his top teeth. 

"Don't worry about it." I muttered still agitated with the woman, we all glanced at her as she dangled her arm around Victor, and brushed her hand across his face as he sat there uncomfortable. "She just doesn't give up, does she?"