New Beginning

Aditya was wandering in the woods with his soldiers. There was no hurry. He wanted to slow down his return as much as he could. With each passing second, his hope was diminishing.

He was about to leave the place when he looked back. The path ahead was one way where the horse couldn't turn back. It was a day's journey like this where they would cross treacherous mountains in such a narrow dusty road. So, he just turned back to see one last time if there was someone. To be sure that he waited long enough. It didn't happen to him; girls couldn't resist him even if they wanted. After all, he was the Prince. This time, however, he took another approach and now he was standing there like a fool waiting for Vani.

There was no one except for the roaring sound of river Ganges and cool breeze. He shouldn't have let her go at any cost, but too late now. As he looked on the path ahead, he sensed something. Intuitively he looked back again and there she was, coming on that white mare, the exotic beauty who stole his heart, Vani.

'If there is nothing in this universe which happens by coincidence then it is not a coincidence that I met a prince, who proclaimed to love me. Everything has a purpose, sitting on the rock at the bank of Ganga, she had made up her mind and taken the decision of going back to Aditya and his kingdom.

'Do I love him? Is he the one?' Though her decision was made, she was still questioning herself. In the end, she decided to take the free fall.

The moment she looked at Aditya, she was certain. He had just turned back as if he was looking for her. He looked desperate, his hairs have become matted, and he looked sad when he couldn't find her as she was standing there in the middle of the woods. What is more fortunate than to marry a man who loves you? Vani thought and started towards him.

She is here. She is here. Aditya turned back his horse and started towards Vani. He reached her, helped her get down from her mare and took her into his arms. "I knew you will come back. You did come back. You are not a dream; you are a reality" he hugged her.

"Mm mm yes, I am back" was all Vani could mutter before blushing.

"Let's go home!!"

This is a new life. She smiled and started towards the unknown leaving behind the known.

bafF\2