Push

Vani was sitting on a rock trying to comprehend what happened during her trial. Where would she go? Survival was not an issue. She was well trained to live under any circumstances but one year was too long. People she faced last time were not that good. Something moved behind her. As she turned back, she found Sakhi standing there.

Sakhi was her childhood friend. They were trained together but unlike her, she was more inclined towards medicine and herbs. She was a gentle soul yet a fierce fighter.

"What are you contemplating Vani?" she inquired in her gentle voice.

"Where will I go Sakhi? Why have they given me such a severe punishment? It's beyond me. Kaka won't even look at me. It's as if I am a stranger and not his daughter and then there is..." she hesitated.

"What are you not telling me, dear?" Sakhi caught the hesitation in Vani's voice.

"I met someone." Vani narrated everything to her friend her confidant. "Everything is happening so fast that I need some time to sort it out."

"Follow your heart Vani. It is the best guide." Sakhi advised her friend.

"Yes, I am thinking. I just need some time to make a decision," Vani replied.

Sakhi hugged her friend gently and said her goodbye.

As Sakhi turned to leave her friend, tears rolled down her eyes. She had hidden so much so expertly from her friend, everyone in the village knew apart from her friend Vani. She knew that she was not going to see her for a long time or maybe ever.

"Is it done?" A voice asked Sakhi as she returned.

"Yes, Gurudev!!" was the only thing she could mutter before entering her chambers.

Vani looked at the river a bit longer and thenstarted back towards the village. The decision was madeylN��w�1