Don't Leave Me

Shawn smiled as he thought about being alone with his wife. Something that he would have to get use to not having now that the twins were full term. Shayna was due at any moment, and he hated leaving her alone. Every morning she had to basically force him out of the door to go to work. She had him on speed dial in case anything happened. He thought about the sons that he was about to have. It caused a smile to cross his face. He was about to be a father to not only an amazing little girl, but to two twin boys. His dream was finally coming together. He had always wanted a big family. He and Shayna had spent so much money on their home, and soon it was going to be filled with their precious family.

He cut the engine to his Range Rover, as he pulled up to the front door of his home. He looked around for his butler, but remembered that they had the week off, and wouldn't returned till Sunday. As he entered the front door, panic filled through his body as he saw a puddle of blood, and trail leading away from it. His heart pounded through his chest as he followed it quickly. He rounded the corner, and broke out into a sprint as he saw Shayna's body laying in a puddle of blood. He checked her body for wounds and found that the blood was coming from under her dress. He ran his hands over his head, and felt panic begin to set in.

Shaking the fear from his mind, he scooped Shayna up, and placed her in the backseat of her car. He ran back in the house and grabbed her hospital bag and her purse. Jumping in the front seat, he sped off down the road. He said silent prayers that nothing severe happened to the three of them. Realization sat in when he realized that he hadn't saw Mac'Kenzie when he rushed in the house. He was sure that if she was there she would have been next to Shayna trying to figure out what was going on. Quickly pushing the on-board bluetooth, he called Ciara. The phone rung and rung until her voicemail picked up. Shawn screamed out in frustration, before clicking the button to end the call. He wouldn't know what to do with himself if something terrible happened to Shayna and the twins. He hated himself for not being home when she hurt herself.

Five minutes later, Shawn pulled into the emergency room entrance coming to a screeching halt. He quickly ran to the information desk, and yelled, "Excuse me ma'am, I need a stretcher right now for my wife." The woman paged for someone to come down. Seconds later several people in scrubs rushed to him with a gurney. He lead the out to the car, where they helped him get her out of the car. One person flashed a light on her eyes, but Shayna didn't respond to anything. A woman turned to Shawn, and began to bombard him with questions. "Sir can you tell me what happened?"
"I don't know. I just got home from work, and she was lying in the floor unconscious."
"Sir how many months is she?"
"She's full-term as of last week ma'am. Please figure out what 's going on."
"Sir we notice we notice a bruise on her face. Do you know where she would get that?"
"I have no damn clue. I would never do anything to hurt my wife. I'm just as confused as you are," Shawn said with anger. The woman held her hand up in surrender, and they wheeled her to the back. They made him stay out front, to which he refused. He attempted to brush past the nurse, but a security guard pulled him back. Shawn snatched away and yelled, "There is no way I'm going to leave her side. She could go into labor, and I refuse to not be by her side."

The doctor came  out and put his hand on Shawn's shoulder. Shawn turned to him with hoping eyes. "Sir, if she goes into labor or if we have to take the twins, I will have someone come out to get you. You have my word on that," the doctor said calmly. Shawn nodded and sat down in the chair outside of the door. Minutes turned into hours, and Shawn began to become anxious. He started to pace in anticipation. As he was about to walk to the information station, a woman called his name. He turned quickly as a woman walked up to him with a small smile. He perked up knowing that things couldn't be too bad, because the doctor himself would come and get him. She asked him to follow her.

Shawn grabbed Shayna's bags, and followed behind the red headed woman. He looked around, and was surrounded by beeping sounds and white walls. He felt like he was being swallowed whole. The woman led him to a room where Shayna was laying on her back on the bed. She was hooked up to all kinds of machine, but there was a machine that caught his attention. The heartbeat of his sons fluttered like a uptempo song. Shayna's was soft and steady. He turned to the nurse, and was about to ask what was going on, but the doctor walked in. He was a tall man, with an Indian accent. Shawn looked at him with pleading eyes, and asked, Can you please tell me what's going on?"
"Well whenever your wife took her tumble she landed on her stomach, it caused some major bleeding from her amniotic sac, but both Mrs. Matthews and the twins are stable. We cannot get Shayna to wake up though. The pain that she was experiencing must have been excruciating because she had slipped into a slight coma."
"Coma?!"
"Yes. If we can't get her to wake up, we will have to take the twins while she is unconscious, and that may not be too well, because we're not sure how she will be able to withstand the procedure. I'll leave you alone for a bit," the doctor said before heading out of the door.

Fear filled Shawn's heart. He couldn't raise the twins without their mother. She deserves to be a mother more than anyone he had ever met. She cared so much about everyone else, and always put herself last. He pulled a chair close to her. Before sitting down, he moved a stray hair from her face, and kissed her lips softly. He picked up her lifeless hand, and linked it with his. He thought about all the things that they hadn't gotten to do yet. Kissing her knuckles he felt a tear roll down his cheek. He let them flow freely, and said, "Shayna you are the love of my life. I don't know what to do without you. I just need for you to wake up please. I can't lose you. I need you! Please don't leave me baby."

A/N: Shayna and Shawn just can't seem to have a happy moment. I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. It really means a lot to me. Thank you!! -Toia <3