Chapter Eight- Let Go

Turtle side-note: WOAH! WHAT?! AN UPDATE?!?! *mind explodes*

Frisk took a step back, "W-what?" They looked towards him at a loss, "I-I don't unders-stand..." They looked around at the others. Undyne seemed just as shocked as they were, while Gaster was looking away from the group.

Sans looked towards them, wishing he had held his tongue, "kid, i...i... i didn't know what i was doing, i wasn't thinking when it happened... i just...geez" He squeezed the bridge of his nose with his hand, "there isn't a justice for what i did... i regret it so much, but...it doesn't change the fact that it happened." He paused, as if he was thinking about what he was going to say, "if she killed me," he looked towards Undyne, "it would'a been a justice."

Frisk didn't want to listen anymore, they didn't want to see him as a killer, they wanted to forget it, but the knowledge just kept coming back. There had to be a reason...right? Why would he just kill in cold blood? It didn't make any sense...maybe they wished it wouldn't make sense.

He noticed their expression, "kid?" He reached towards them, but they flinched away. Frisk could have sworn they saw his permanent smile drop, even if was just for a moment. "b-buddy? hey, it's still me...right?"

Frisk looked towards him horrified and confused, "Y-y-you're lying..."

Sans looked at them straight in the eye, "kid, i...i'm not."

Frisk shook their head in disbelief, "You're lying...you're lying!" They screamed at him, through heaving breaths.

He remained calm, "kid, i'm n-"

"Stop lying! You wouldn't...you..." They bit their lip, not wanting to believe the truth.

"i killed the sixth human." His voice was low.

"N...N-no! Stop it! Please!...Please..." Frisk began backing away. He killed a human, was this all a trick? Did he want to kill them all along? Was this whole thing an act? Did he just want the fortune of killing the seventh?

They stepped back on their foot, ready to run, Gaster made a reach towards them, but they jumped out of the way, running into the woods as fast as they could carry themselves. They heard someone call after them from behind, but they didn't turn back.

Frisk ran away.

*******

Papyrus was wandering through the dense forest, the wind rough and violent as his scarf whipped in the twisting air. He didn't want to find the human. He wasn't going to hurt them, but he didn't want Undyne to find out he didn't kill them like she had asked. So, he kept walking, positive the human wouldn't find him all the way out there.

He kept moving, the snow crunching under his red boots being his only companion. He brought his scarf closer to his face, hoping his brother and the human were alright. He had sensed a tension in his brother's soul about an hour ago, but it went away nearly as fast as it appeared, so he continued walking. But now, it seemed to have come back slightly, just a couple of minutes ago. It seemed to be sending out irregular vibrations. Stress? Nah, he knew his brother didn't stress out about much, something must of just startled him...right?

He stopped walking, wanting to wait until it subsided.

Fifteen minutes had passed.

Papyrus still felt it. For a minute, it had even appeared to accelerate, before going back down to how it had first started up, but it still hadn't gone away. In fact, he was pretty sure he was getting two signals now, unsure of who the other could be that he was sensing. Both of which seemed to be in a frenzy about something.