Chapter Five- Apparent Solidarity

Gaster looked around nervously. "(Snowdin.)" he said tersely.

"(it's a bit different than what you saw, isn't it, dad?)" signed Sans to reply.

Frisk tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, they signed, "(I didn't know you signed, Sans.)"

Sans chuckled silently. "(usually not. but this seems to call for silence.)"

Gaster, Sans, and Frisk rounded the corner of the shop. "(No one will notice me,)" signed Gaster. "(I have taken extra precautions to keep it that way.)" The three of them skirted the outside of the lane. It would be better not to be seen.

The first person to spot Undyne was Sans. Frisk was hiding behind a rock as the royal guard contingent stomped by, Undyne glaring about. Sans was conveniently in her blind spot, a rather large one because of her eye-patch.

"(There she is,)" signed Sans to his compatriots. The guards passed, marching in line, feet in perfect rhythm, with no consequence, until a dog trailing behind them suddenly jumped, cocking it's head towards the skeleton.

Sans froze in place, as if that would somehow make him invisible to the dog. The small, white canine then yipped, before making a bee-line for Sans, jumping onto the small skeleton. The annoying dog slobbered all over Sans, and Undyne turned her head to look.

"Toby!" she yelled with an angry look, "I told you that you could stay with us if-- she stopped as she saw who Toby was drooling upon.

Sans.

"YOU LITTLE F***ER!" Undyne sprinted towards Sans and she quickly grabbed his collar before he could react, shaking him in the air, a spear summoned above her. Sans tried to muster any magic he could, only to find teleportation useless.

Gaster knew, if he didn't protect Sans and Frisk, they wouldn't make it, at least not when Sans physically couldn't manage teleporting. He forgot about being hidden, and he was filled with a rush of DETERMINATION so strong, he felt himself almost grow, forming a harder molding to his body. He summoned several blasters and his eyes glowed blue and orange.

"Y O U ' R E   A B O U T    T O   H A V E   A    B A D    T I M E," he said calmly, with no thought of signs or hands.

Frisk slowly began backing away, hoping to hide in the underbrush and not be spotted, when they felt something grab the back of their shirt, ripping them into the darkness of the forest before they could even scream.

Gaster pummeled Undyne with alternating blue and orange blasts, careful to cast a shield around Sans. He used blue magic to pull Undyne closer, then blasted her in the face with two full-powered Blasters. Sans was thrown off to the side, watching his father toss Undyne about like she was a rag-doll, not letting her even have a moment to regain herself, before he grabbed her soul again, tossing her off another direction.

He finally let Undyne be whipped into a snow bank, the rest of the guard watching with their jaws dropped at their captains defeat. Gaster slowly approached her, glaring down at her as she coughed up magic, clutching her stomach weakly.

"(Now you know what happens when someone tries to HURT MY SON,)" signed Gaster angrily, not caring whether Undyne understood.

He looked to Sans who seemed to be yelling something and pointing to where he had last seen the child. He quickly let the shield vanish, letting Sans plop into the snow, falling face first.

His head quickly shot up, shaking off the snow, before he yelled, "the kid!" pointing back to where they had been, only for there to just be a rock with no being behind it.