One Last Prank

Time skip: the last day of the Marauders's seventh year
-------------------------------------------------------
Everything was back to normal for the Marauders. They'd finished out their last year at Hogwarts and were ready to board the Hogwarts Express for the very last time. They were all happy to move on with their lives, but were going to miss the Hogwarts memories. When they boarded the train, they sat in their usual seat.

"Man, Carina. Where are we gonna live? We can't live at James's parents house anymore..." Sirius asked.

"I've already got an apartment in some muggle neighborhood in London. You've gotta find your own place," Carina replied playfully.

"As do I. I still haven't found a place... suitable for my needs," Remus added.

"Ah, we'll find you something, Moony," James reassured him, giving him a hard pat on the back.

"Have you found us a place yet, James?" Lily asked.

"Uh, I may have, I may have not," James answered, suddenly extremely nervous. He was afraid of what Lily would do to him if he admitted that he'd forgotten to seek out a house over the Easter holidays like he said he would.

"It's ok, we'll just go look together later today when we get off this train," Lily said, surprisingly sweet. James let out a sigh of relief. They rode a few minutes in silence, reflecting on the reality that this was their last time on this train.

"Hey, we should carve our initials into the bottom of the seats to leave our mark on this train," Carina suddenly burst out.

"You know sis, I was thinking that exact same thing," Sirius smirked.

"That's vandalism! But, I do kind of want to..." Lily trailed off, seemingly trying to decide whether this was a good idea or not.

"You know, I think we've been a bad influence on her," James smiled.

"Let's do it," Remus cried, pulling out his wand. James, Sirius, Remus, Carina, Peter, and Lily all carved their initials into the seat below and then sat back down.

"We've got to do one last prank. Our last prank on these people, ever," Sirius suggested.

"Yeah. Out with a bang. I like it," James replied.

"Yeah," Remus and Carina added at the same time.

"Let's make it rain those little glitter things that always get stuck everywhere. People will be pulling them out of their hair for weeks! That way, they'll never forget us," Peter suggested.

"Hey, that's a good idea, Wormy. You surprise me," Carina praised, patting Peter on the head.

"We should make the glitter in the shape of 'm's, for Marauders. They'll know it was us then!" Remus added.

"Like they wouldn't know it was us anyway, but yeah, let's go!" Sirius exclaimed. They all went to work on the magic (except Peter, who had no clue how to do anything useful) and soon enough, it was time for the prank to begin.

"Are you ready?" James shouted.

"What do you think?" Carina replied, her voice bright and happy.

"Geez, you just had to say 'sure,'" James joked back.

"Stop all the chit chat and let's just get on with it. We're almost out of time," Lily reminded them.

They all took their positions and got ready to release the sparkles. They raised their wands and cast the spell. Immediately after, they heard screams from the other compartments: some of joy and delight, others of horror and annoyance. It was quite amusing to the Marauders, who were all rolling on the floor of the train laughing.

Soon enough, it was time for them to say goodbye for the time being. They exited the train and wished each other luck and safety, seeing as there was a huge wizard war brewing with Voldemort and the Death Eaters. All in all, they'd had an exciting seven years of school and were ready to move on with their lives. They were all planning on joining the Order of the Phoenix, so hopefully everything would turn out alright. What could possibly go wrong?

Author note:

Hello again. This is almost the end of the story. I've been having a good time writing it, but I think this might be one of the last chapters. Have a good day, friends :)