Furry Little Problem

When Remus returned to Hogwarts a day later, Carina, James, Peter, and Sirius were all ready to tell Remus the good news. When he walked into the common room, the four of them jumped up to greet him.

"Hey Remus. How've ya been?" James began.

"I've been well, thanks," Remus lied.

"Uh huh. Don't lie, Remus. You look horrible," Sirius said bluntly.

"Okay, I've been ill. Please stop pestering me," Remus demanded. He seemed extremely nervous.

"Remus, they know," Carina told him gently.

"YOU TOLD THEM?" Remus asked, his face the epitome of anger itself.

"She didn't tell us anything, but we wish she had," Sirius defended his sister.

"How did you know?" Remus asked, his face scrunched up in worry and anger.

"Logical deduction. I'm surprised we didn't see it sooner, to be honest," James admitted.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I understand if you don't want to be associated with someone like me," Remus mumbled, his eyes filling with tears.

"NO! Remus, we want to help you! Carina's come up with a brilliant plan so we can minimize your discomfort while you're, er, transforming or whatever! You're our best friend. We'd never kick you out of our group just because of your... furry little problem," James consoled.

"My furry little problem. I like that," Remus said, relief flooding over his face. He wiped away his tears and plopped down on the couch by the fire.

"We'd never betray you, Remus," Sirius added.

"Never," Carina affirmed. She was so glad to have friends like them.

A few weeks later, it was time for Christmas break. Mrs. Black had sent an owl saying she wanted Carina home for Christmas. She said that only Carina was welcome, and Carina knew exactly the reason.

"Goodbye. Wish me luck with the family," Carina rolled her eyes.

"Ha, good luck! Better you than me!" Sirius yelled after her. She would miss him, and she could tell he would miss her too. They'd rarely been apart for less than a day. At least she would have Lily and Remus to sit with on the train. James and Peter were staying behind with Sirius.

Then, she would be all on her own.

Author note:

Sorry for the super short chapter, I wanted to update quickly but didn't have much time to write. We're on vacation :D Ah, oh well. I'll try to make up for it in the next chapter. Bye for now.