The Meeting with Voldemort

When Carina and her mother entered the dining room, she saw two other people sitting at the table. One was a boy with blonde hair and blueish eyes who looked to be about five years older. The other was a girl with frizzy black hair and beady black eyes who seemed about old enough to have graduated from Hogwarts.

"Bellatrix, Lucius? What are they doing here?" Carina exclaimed, outraged at her mother's choice of company. She'd met them at family reunions before, and they were the main reason she hated these reunions. Sure, everyone else in the family made family reunions miserable too, but these two were usually stuck babysitting Carina and Sirius when they were younger. This was never a fun experience.

"Carina! Hey, I missed you so much," Bellatrix exclaimed sarcastically.

"Missed you too Bella," Carina rolled her eyes.

"Okay, who invited the idiot?" Lucius asked, not at all trying to hide his resentment toward Carina.

"I was going to ask the same question," Carina shot back.

"Children, children, let's try to get along," Mrs. Black said, shooting Carina a nasty look.

"Okay. So... why are we here anyway? Why just us? Why not invite all the other kiddies too?" Bellatrix asked.

"Regulus will be joining us momentarily," Mrs. Black replied vaguely. Just then, Regulus burst through the front door. He'd decided he wanted to carpool back to number twelve with one of his new friends from Hogwarts.

"Hi mum, sorry I'm late," he apologized.

"Oh, that's just fine Regulus dear. Just take a seat at the dining table next to your sister," Mrs. Black brushed off his apology.

"Hey, where's Sirius?" Regulus asked worriedly.

"He... wasn't invited," Mrs. Black told him. "Anyway, ready to get this started?"

"No, but whatever," Carina mumbled. No one seemed to notice her retort.

"So, I've gathered you all here today to talk about Lord Voldemort and his wonderful plan to exterminate the unclean blood among wizards. Your parents have all explained this to you, correct?" Mrs. Black directed at Lucius and Bellatrix.

They both nodded yes in reply.

"Good. Well, right now I'm giving you a chance to meet the man! His ideals are simply wonderful," Mrs. Black gushed.

"I can't wait," Carina mumbled sarcastically.

Just then, a man with pale white skin and glaring red eyes strode into the room.

"Hello, children," he said. His voice made Carina's stomach churn.

"Hello, Lord Voldemort," Lucius said breathlessly. Bellatrix seemed at a loss for words. They both seemed impressed with this man who, in Carina's opinion, was too creepy to be allowed.

"No reaction? Pity..." Voldemort gestured to Carina.

"That's the troublesome one I've been telling you all about, master," Mrs. Black whispered loudly.

"Ah, Carina. Glad you've agreed to come," Voldemort hissed.

"Don't think this means I'm joining you," Carina snapped back.

"Feisty, I like it," Voldemort taunted. "Anyway, we'll get you to use that in our favor soon enough."

"Not a chance," Carina seethed. She was never going to give in willingly.

"We'll see. Back to the rest of you. You all understand the cause, correct?" Voldemort addressed the other three.

"Yes my Lord," Bellatrix sighed. Lucius and Regulus just nodded.

"Good. Now, I need the four of you to come with me to prove your loyalty," Voldemort told them.

"Whatever you say, master," Bellatrix admired.

"Good. Now, all I will require of you is that you help in the capture of the muggleborn named Erica Jones. She's staying at her parent's home over the holidays. I'll need you children to bring her to me so I can finish her off. If you do this, you will belong to my group. Understand?" Voldemort explained.

"You monster! You can't just--"

"Silencino!" Voldemort cut Carina off. "Anyone else have any complaints?"

"No master," Lucius spoke for the rest of them.

"We're at your command," Bellatrix added.

"Good. Tomorrow at noon I will come for you. Good day," Voldemort tipped his head. Carina could tell this was false respect.

When Bellatrix and Lucius left, Mrs. Black removed Voldemort's silencing charm.

"Now, tomorrow you will finally clear your name and prove yourself as a member of the Black family. Regulus can't do it all alone, can he?" Mrs. Black said to Carina as she went to her room to get a good night's sleep.

Author note:

Hi friends. I meant to publish this earlier today but I didn't get the chance. I'm currently waiting in line for Space Mountain at Disney :D Sorry again :(

Bye for now!