Mrs. Black's Discussion

"Sirius! Carina! I'm home!" Mrs. Black sang throughout the house. Joy. The heart of all their problems had returned.

"Hello mum," Sirius and Carina replied.

"Sirius, come here please. Carina, stay there. I'd like to deal with each of you separately," Mrs. Black demanded, her voice dripping with false kindness.

It seemed like forever that Sirius and their mother were gone in the dining room. Carina couldn't hear much, but at one point she thought she heard yelling and the breaking of dishes. Frankly, it could have been one or the other or both of them doing the breaking. Most likely it was both. When they finally emerged, both looked ruffled.

"Don't give in, Carina. Just... don't. Please," Sirius whispered in her ear as he was passing. Don't give in to what?

"Carina. Come, maybe I'll have better luck with you," Mrs. Black menaced.

Carina nodded at Sirius and headed into the dining room where she saw all the plates smashed on the floor. She could tell it was Sirius now; all the plates had the Black family crest. Her mother wouldn't dare touch those.

Before Carina knew what was happening, she was locked in a full body bind curse. She hit the floor with a sickening thump.

"Now. I'm going to need you to listen carefully. I don't want to deal with you acting like your brother. Understand?"

"No. Let me fight!" Carina wanted to scream. But her mother just looked at her frozen body and grinned.

"Good. Now, as I was telling your brother, you know our family takes great pride in our strictly pureblood status. Well, I've found someone else who cares just as... deeply. His name is Lord Voldemort. He just recently came to town and is looking for new recruits. He wants young children, just like you, to get involved in his cause. It would be a great opportunity for you and your brother to clear your names as blood traitors," Mrs. Black explained, "I'm getting too old for these kinds of movements. I was hoping to have a few representatives from this family join though, so everyone knows we support Lord Voldemort and all his plans."

She picked Carina up and sat her in one of the chairs placed around the dining table. Then, she took off the body bind, but locked her arms and legs to the chair.

Instantly, Carina screamed, "I'm never joining this 'Voldemort' guy! I'm never supporting any stupid "pureblood pride" movement! Never!"

"We'll have to see about that."