▪2▪

"So your still not going to tell me how you cut your leg?" Mia asked, opening her locker.

"I told you. I was making a sandwich and the knife slipped cutting me in the leg" I lied, leaning my head against the cold locker.

"I know your not telling the truth but it's the only story your sticking to. I'll find out sooner or later" Mia said, grabbing her books and placing them in her locker.

"Maybe. Maybe not" I smirked.

"I'll find out. Remember I'm your best friend and I basically know everything about you" Mia said, slamming her locker shut.

"Everything. You know most things. But let's drop this and head to class before were late" I said, leading the way towards my history class.

As usual history dragged on and I drifted off. Basically missing the whole lesson, and the rest of the day was boring to death.

"Want a ride?" Mia asked, pointing towards her mom's car.

"Nah, I'll walk" I shook my head.

"Bye. You better come over my house today too because I know you didn't take any notes in history" She laughed, before walking over to the car.

I turned and continued my journey home. It was a hot day meaning when I got home, I was sweating like I just ran track.

"Your sweating like a pig. Looks like dreams do come true huh, little buddy" My sister, Addison said as soon as I walked in the door.

I closed the door and walked up stairs, I headed right towards my room. I threw my book bag on the bed along with my body.

"People are coming over today. Meaning you make dinner and as soon as the doorbell rings you bring your fat ass upstairs" My sister said, barging into my room.

I sat up fast and gripped my covers. I hated when people came over, I was always shoved inside my room and always to stay quiet. I felt like a pet that no one cares for.

"I always knew why mom and dad hated you" Addison said, before slamming the door.

She was wrong mom and dad loved me, they might have loved me more then her. Mom and dad were perfect, Mom always happy but knew when to scold us but dad never yelled at us. He was one of the calm parents that told you to never do it again and never brought it up again.

I wish they were still here. I felt a tear glide down my cheek.

If they were here Addison wouldn't be abusing me along with her boyfriend. This house would be the nice, bright, happy house it once was, instead of the gloomy and lonely feeling it has now.

I pushed back my thoughts and raced downstairs. I started cooking spaghetti the best thing I could make. After a couple of minutes the food was done and the door bell rang. I hurriedly set the table and ran upstairs before anyone could see me.

After a couple of minutes I heard lots of faint voices coming from downstairs. I didn't want to stay and hear thier conversations, then I remembered Mia's house. I gathered up my phone and climbed out the window. I had my handy dandy ladder outside my window ready for an escape.

Mia's house was only a block away so it was walking distance. I walked out on the street, the streetlights guiding my path. I looked up at the starry night, those were the only beautiful things in my life right now.

I then started to think what if my life was like Mia's. Mia had the perfect life, big house, two healthy parents, and an older brother. Her older brother, Adym was gorgeous. He's only 20 meaning he's only three years older than me.