The End

[A/N: so as you can see, this is the end. i feel like this chapter went way too fast, but I honestly just wanted to get to the ending, because i'm horrible at writing endings. this chapter is dedicated to the specific person, because she's been with my story since the beginning. she was the first "fan" of this story, and i have a feeling that without her i would not have gotten my start as a writer <3 all of you guys are amazing, thanks so much for sticking with me <3]

Everything seemed to happen so quickly after that. As soon as Jordan got close enough to Andrew to overpower him with the knife, he took a split-second pause as if he might back down. Deciding he should continue, Jordan leapt onto Andrew and attempted to wrestle him to the ground. Andrew was so startled by the attack that he let go of my hair long enough for me to inch away from his reach.

    "Ah, what the-" Andrew was cut off when Jordan pinned his back to the ground with his knees. He held the knife high above Andrew's chest and glared at him with fiery eyes.

    "I've been wanting to do this since I learned to walk," he spat, and plunged the knife towards his brother's chest. The one thing I noticed was that Andrew was ungodly calm. He was staring at Jordan with an indifferent stare, as if he had just told him it was about to rain. I found out the cause of his relaxed persona about three seconds later.

    When Jordan's knife was centimeters from his chest, Andrew thrashed his arms and legs, and reversed the position so that he was pinning Jordan down. Andrew pulled his knife from the ground next to him, and I couldn't help notice that it was a good two or three inches longer than the one Andi had given Jordan.

    "You kill our brother," Andrew growled, swiping the knife across Jordan's arm, which was exposed because of his t-shirt. I watched in terror as Jordan cried out in pain and a steady flow of bright red blood began to flow from the wound. "You helped one of the slaves escape," he made another gash on Jordan's other arm, making him cry out again. "And now you're trying to kill me." Andrew made another gash, on Jordan's right wrist. "This... this is my time. It's my turn. This is payback." Satisfied with his little speech, Andrew lowered his knife towards Jordan's chest.

    "No! No, stop it!" My voice was a shrill screech as I ran towards the two boys and attempted to pry them apart.

    "Stay the fuck out of this!" Before I knew what was happening, Andrew's hand reared back in an attempt to fight me off, and the blade of the knife sliced through my shirt and made a deep cut in my stomach. I let out a shrill scream of pain which was mixed with Andi and Kelly's screams of shock and horror. I clutched my stomach and fell helplessly to the ground.

    "That'll teach you to fuck with me, you miserable little screw up," Andrew snarled, standing up and glaring down at me. Through the pain in my stomach, I still noticed how incredibly stupid he was. He'd gotten up. He'd given Jordan a golden opprotunity.

    And just as I had suspected, Jordan took that opprotunity to swiftly get to his feet, throw his arm around Andrew's neck, and wrestle him back to the ground.

    "Never. Touch. Her." Hate dripped from his words, and even though the pain in my stomach was blinding and I feared for Jordan and my friend's lives, I couldn't help but grin. There was a moment's silence, then Andrew spoke.

    "And ... and if I do?" I could hear by the way that he spoke that he was scared, which is something I couldn't picture him as being.

    "This," said Jordan quietly. There was a choked cry, then silence.

    "Wha-" Kelly's voice sounded incredulous. "You ... you ..."

    "Sh," Jordan shushed her. There was the sound of rustling leaves, and then Jordan was looking down at me. "How bad does it hurt?" I struggled and pushed, and finally managed to sit myself up while ignoring the pain.

    "I think .. I think I can stand, if you help me," I answered. He extended his arm, and I reached out and grabbed his hand, using him as a support to stand. "It honestly doesn't hurt so bad when I stand." I pushed away from him when I was on my feet, and found that it was easier to walk then I had expected. And then I saw it.

    "You ... killed him?" I asked in an incredulous whisper. Jordan nodded, like it was nothing. I looked from him to Andrew's body. Andi's knife was protruding from his chest, and a bright red spot was slowly growing on his white shirt. For a minute Jordan looked guilty. I just looked at him and grinned.

    "Good job," I said, moving over to him and kissing him on the cheek. Andi took this opprotunity to get off of her tree stump, walk over to Andrew, and pull her knife from his chest. She wiped the red tip across her shirt like it was nothing.

    "Good riddance," she mumbled, spitting on the dead body. Kelly was standing over Andrew now, too. She suddenly turned and threw her arms around me, being mindful of the gash on my stomach.

    "We're free now," she whispered, and I could tell she was about to start crying. "They can't get us anymore." I hugged her back, knowing she was right. No one could get us now.

    *Epilogue*

    After that day in the woods, nothing was the same. Things were taking a turn for the better now. We ended up hiding Andrew's body under a fallen tree trunk that Jordan had somehow managed to hold above ground long enough for us to push the body underneath. Now we just had to pray that no one would find it.

    Jordan had somehow convinced all of us that going back to the plantation would be our best bet, and when we got there, we found that most of the slaves were gone, except for the two or three of them that were either extremely obedient, or extremely terrified. After Jordan had retold our entire adventure to them, he helped them track down their families, and now they all lived peacefully with them.

    Andi, Kelly, Jordan, and I all lived together in the huge mansion that used to be inhabited only by my "masters", and we lived sort of like a family. We only "moved in" after tossing all of Andrew and Deryck's weapons that they had used to punish all of us, and after scratching the guy's names off of all the furniture in their previous rooms..

    Even though I'm free from slavery now, my scars still remain. The scars on my back from the whip, and the scar on my stomach from Andrew's knife. I don't think of my scars as a reminder of the dumb things I did, or a reminder of all the pain I'd gone through. I thought of them as a symbol of my strength. Whenever I see the scar on my stomach, I think to myself, Look at what I've made it through. I can make it through anything.

                                                               The End.