"What on heaven was she summoning?!" V's jaw dropped.

"A fucking monster," Hayi rolled her eyes.

"But it's cute," Haneul added nonchalantly. Weirded out by no one springing into action, the girls told him the teachers probably knew they shouldn't mess around with that creature.

Meanwhile, on the rooftop, Jaehi was petting Phoenix's head gently. Jumping up onto him, they flew off to their favourite hidden spot. Back at the class, the angel was determined to search for her, even when he was stopped by the girls and his friends.

He didn't really know where to go to find her, but his feet just seems to be dragging him to the hidden place behind their Practice Rooms building. And sure enough, she was there with a huge blackish dragon, presumably Phoenix.

He was mesmerized by the view of Jaehi smiling and grinning widely while playing with Phoenix. She was very happy. He never saw that exact expression on her face before. All he had saw before was the usual grumpy and savage expressions. As he marveled at her enthralling smile, he felt a sudden stinging pain on his cheek. He touched it carefully.

"A cut?" He murmured when he saw blood on his hand. The demon turned to face him, the smile now vanished. She had used Doomsday for a quick second to make that cut when she realized he was watching her.

"How did you know I'm here?" She asked with her icy tone. Calmly, V just took a step towards her, leaving her question hanging.

"I told you to get lost from my sight!" She shouted angrily. The boy just smiled as he wiped his cut with a handkerchief.

"I didn't know you had a soft spot for animals. But he suits your personality," he went over to him and began to show his amusement, ignoring the demon's annoyance completely. Finally, she gave up on telling him to leave.

"Oh yeah, I have a pet wolf. And the reason why I know you're here is because I always play with him here too," he suddenly said excitedly. Jaehi tried to hide her enthusiasm when he called for the wolf.

"Myst!" A silence followed. After a while, a grey wolf leapt out from the bushes and nuzzled his head at the boy's feet.

"He always play around in the woods at night. In the morning, he slept here, behind the bushes," he explained. When he looked at the girl, he could saw she really wanted to at least pet Myst's head, but she acted like she didn't.

"Just come here if you want to play with him," he let out a laugh. She rolled her eyes, but went over to the wolf. It didn't take long for her to begin giggling and grinning while playing with the equally joyful wolf.

"Grrr..." Phoenix growled at the sight of his master playing with Myst. V chuckled and petted his head gently, calming him down.

"Why're you like this?"

"Who?"

"You. Why hide this cheerful side of yours?" He sat next to the demon, leaving quite a distance in case she would kill him if he sat too close.

"Why would you care?" She replied flatly, eyes never meeting his.

"It won't hurt to share, right?" He grinned. She didn't say anything afterwards. But after a few minutes of silence, she spoke up.

"My parents were the among the members of Midnight Slayers. That means, they also got a lot of hate from everyone out here. It brought to them being killed..." she paused, looked at him and smiled painfully.

"...before my eyes,"

"I'm sorry..." The angel breathed. She looked away immediately, not wanting to see his soft, pitiful gaze.

"Along with a really ill Hayi, we ran away that night. We didn't have any other family that time. So our only choice is Midnight Slayers. We were under their protection, even until now," she finished.

"The pain of losing someone we love, it's really unbearable," he let out suddenly. She sneered.

"Don't talk like you're in my situation. Or have you been in one?" She murmured. He just smiled.

"Anyway, you have someone else beside Midnight Slayers and your friends now,"

"Huh?"

"Me!" He showed his boxy smile again. Raising her eyebrows, she let out a little laugh.

"You? Why?"

"I told you I wanted to get closer to you and know you more. That means, I'll be by your side too, no matter if you're happy or sad,"

"You really forgot what I said in class. V, you're an angel, and I'm a demon. Go find someone more...suitable as your friend," she shrugged and stood up, wanting to leave.

"Is it against the law of Veridia to befriend someone of total opposite to you? No, right?" The angel blurted out, stopping her short.

"It's against my law," she turned to him. He stood in front of her and smiled.

"Then I will be a law breaker. Your law breaker, to be exact,"

"Pft..." She rolled her eyes and walked away. It's fine Jaehi, you didn't tell him everything, she thought to herself.