Feeling a little embarrassed by him repeating my break-up reasons back to me, word for actual word, I lower my gaze with guilt. "I think that was pretty much it." I admit, blushing profusely as I take a large gulp of my wine.

Adams lips part, giving me firm and desirous eye contact. "I still want you, Angel." He reaches for my hand that rests on top of the table, holding it lovingly between his gentle hand. "Ever since we split up, we have always stayed in touch. I think that's because we both don't want to indefinitely let go of something good."

What he is saying, surprisingly feels good. I find myself being swept along within his charming words and carried along on a buoyant feeling of curiosity. Maybe Adam is right? Maybe the reason why I still kept him in my life, was because I wanted him there? I couldn't let him in my heart, because it was so very full of Rex. I guess my heart will always be full of him, but I can't keep closing it off to someone who could one day be able to finally evict Rex from it. It still hurts with him in my heart, and I just want the hurting to stop. Maybe Adam is the one who can stop it? I move closer towards him, my eyes glossed over with longing and yearning hope. "I've never thought of it that way." I admit with my fingers stroking his soft hand and tingling with such need.

Adam responds immediately, eager to erase any distance between us. His lips slowly and sensationally kiss me. Genteel yet utterly controlled. Tremors of excitement flood my body.

This is feeling something.

This is moving forward.

This is me, living.

No longer just existing within a swirling mess of misery.

This is wanting something that I finally can have.

A lazy, blissful smile erupts across my serene face. "Shall we get out of here?" I softly ask, excited sensations now running wildly through me.

Adam kisses me again, chaste but sweet. "I thought you'd never ask."

**

Like young and carefree lovers holding hands, we run up the small garden path to my cottage. Eager to get inside, but so much more eager to get out of our clothes. As soon as the rustic wooden door closes behind us, with clumsy and frantic hands, we claw at each other's clothing as we hungrily kiss.

This is being wanted.

This is how it feels when someone wants you so very badly.

It's liberating and so amazingly arousing. Now free of my dress, I'm being earnestly explored with a self assured mouth and a wickedly delicious tongue. Adam kisses and licks my stomach, as my fingers frolic within his coarse hair. In just my underwear and heels, I stand with my back against the front door, my thoughts stupidly remembering the night that I slid down against it in total despair over Rex.

"You're so beautiful, Angel. I want to taste and devour every sexy inch of you." Adam rumbles between my breasts, licking the soft avenue between them.

I close my eyes, enjoying the sensation of the lazy tip of his tongue as it lewdly skims across my sensitised skin. My hands cup both sides of his face, needing it so achingly close to mine. "Kiss me." I unashamedly beg, pushing my breasts out so they are ready to rub themselves against him once he is where I have asked him to be.

Adam is soon flush against me, doing just as I had asked—kissing me passionately hard. His hands ravish and venture all over my exposed skin as his mouth takes complete charge of our abandoned kiss. Our breaths are unified with excitement; sexily short and noisy. "Let's go upstairs." He heavily breathes against my neck.