Chapter 9

Toni Zimmerli POV

I started to have a panic attack. Harry was literally insane. Why the hell was that bastard doing this to me? What did I ever do to him to deserve this?

I couldn’t do this on my own. I knew I needed someone to help me with this.

So I called Zayn.

“Hello love,” he answered.

“Zayn,” I said, relieved that he picked up.

“What is it Toni?” he asked.

“Harry’s gone mad. He… he kidnapped my friend Cara and if I refuse to meet him at her house at 8 pm sharp tonight, he’s… He’s gonna kill her,” I said, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I was not going to cry in front of Zayn.

“Bloody hell,” Zayn cursed. “So what’s your plan?”

“I-I don’t know, he just texted me a picture of Cara tied to a chair and told me about what I have to do. Zayn, I’m so scared. He’s-He’s gone insane.”

“Shhh, love, its okay. We’re gonna get you out of this. And we’re gonna save your friend Cara,” he soothed. “Okay?”

“Okay,” I said, reassured. I actually believed him. He would keep me safe.

“Now, let’s see, its 10 am, so we have about 10 hours. Here, meet me at the front of the school, I’ll pick you up and we’ll figure out what to do. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“I’ll see you there in 5 minutes,” he said.

“See you there.” I hung up the phone and took a deep breath. I was going to make it through this, and so would Cara, I thought to myself.

I walked back down the hallways to the front of the school. Taking a seat on the bench beside the doors, I waited for Zayn to arrive.

After a minute or two, a familiar green minivan stopped by the curb. The passenger window rolled down to reveal a grinning Niall.

“Hey Toni,” he said kindly.

“Hi Niall,” I said as I opened the back door, getting into the car. I saw Louis and Liam sitting next to eachother. I squeezed in between them and buckled my seatbelt. Zayn started to drive away from the school.

“‘Ello Toni!” Louis said cheekily. Zayn looked back and gave Louis the evil eye. He shrugged it off. “So, what’s been going on, love?”

“Well, let’s see, my best friend was kidnapped by a psychotic rapist, oh, and he’s gonna kill her if I don’t agree to meet him somewhere where he could kidnap me, rape me, or kill me. So nothing much, really,” I said sarcastically. Zayn chuckled from the front seat and Louis blushed.

“Sorry, I-I didn’t mean to offend you,” he said quietly, obviously embarrassed.

“It’s okay, I’ve just had a lot going on lately and I’m a little… Sensitive, I guess, right now.” I patted his back and he looked very surprised at my touch.

“So where are we going?” I asked Zayn, changing the subject.

“My house,” he said simply. I nodded and we rode in silence for the rest of the trip.

After about 20 minutes, we pulled into a long driveway. A large, white house towered over the van. We all got out of the car and Zayn invited me in.

The interior was huge. There was a set of stairs immediately after we walked in, and behind the stairs, I could see a tall, crystal chandelier hung above the kitchen table, which was set with a white table cloth and lace napkins. There was a living room complete with 3 white couches and a giant flatscreen TV.