Chapter 2

Author’s Note:

HI!!!!

OMG GUYS 15 READS IN THE FIRST COUPLE HOURS?!? TYSM GUYS ILYSM :D

So hope you guys enjoy!

Could we maybe get to 20 reads for the next chapter? c: love you guys!

~~~~~

Toni Zimmerli POV

I packed all of my clothes and a couple of other belongings of mine. I didn’t own much, my mom wasn’t very rich, so it was pretty easy to choose what to bring.

I was feeling lots of mixed feelings about college. Happy, sad, nervous, worried. It was all happening so fast, it was very overwhelming.

I dragged my suitcase out to my car and put it in the backseat. I then ran back into the house to find my mom and say goodbye, knowing I wouldn’t see her for awhile, which was exciting, yet heartbreaking.

“I love you mom,” I said as I pulled her into a tight hug,

“I love you too, Toni,” she whispered in my ear as she rubbed my back. When we pulled away from a long hug, she held on to my shoulders while looking me straight in the eye. “I’m so proud of you,” she said, her eyes tearing up. I smiled and gave her one last hug before I ran out the door. I hopped into my car and plugged in my iPod. I pulled out of the driveway, taking one last look at the house I had lived in for 18 years, and drove away.

Once I was on the road, I started jamming to my favorite song, which gained me weird looks from people driving past me, but I didn’t care, I was a college student!

The drive was long and got boring after a couple of hours. But after what seemed like forever, I finally pulled up to my new school: UCSB, University of California, Santa Barbara. I got out of my car and took a deep breath as I looked up at the towering buildings of my new home. It looked even better in person than it did online and in the brochures. The buildings were different shades of orange, pink, and peach, reminding me of sand. There were hundreds of people who stood hugging and kissing their children goodbye, tons of freshman wearing UCSB gear, and a few people who looked lost and confused. It was intimidating, how large everything was, but I hoped that after a few weeks it would feel like home.

The orientation was short. As usual, I sat alone, but I didn’t mind, I was used to it. After the orientation was over, a nice lady smiled at me and handed me my dorm key. I felt so independent and free, it was nice.

“Just go straight down this hall, make a left, and go down for a little until you see dorm C8!” the woman said, pointing.

“Thank you!” I said, beaming, as I headed down the hall.

When I reached the dorm that reads C8 on the door, I slid the key into the door and it opens. I gasped. The dorm room was small, with two twin beds and two desks. I looked over at the far bed to see a girl wearing a tight, revealing tank top, short denim shorts that were more like underwear, and some very tall, bright pink heels. Her pink dipdyed hair was perfectly tied in a bun, and she sat on her bed chatting away with someone on her shiny white iPhone.

“Oh my freaking god, isn’t he so hot?” Just then, she noticed me standing in the doorway. “Omigosh, hi!” she screamed. The girl hung up the phone, ran over to me, and gave the a very tight hug, I was about to suffocate before she pulled away. I noticed that she was wearing a boatload of makeup, which was a little ridiculous looking.

“Hi, my name is Stacy Wenner! Welcome to UCSB!” She screamed again and gave me another hug. “You must be Toni Zimmerli, right?” I nodded, still trying to catch my breath. I looked over to her side of the room. It was already decorated with christmas lights and bright and colorful pillows and bedsheets. On the wall, she had hung up a gigantic corkboard with tons of pictures of her and her friends.