11 - Suffer the Consequences

The room was slightly bigger than the cell Steven had been trapped in before. A quartz gem would easily be able to stand in it without crouching. It was brighter, too. The walls were light blue, and the floor was dark. The room was square, and a dark blue diamond shape was displayed on the glossy floor.

There wasn't much furniture in the room. Just a futurstically styled chair, with a side table.

Everything was blue. The chairs, the walls, the floor. The color travelled through the air and out the door, into the hallways and everywhere. You really get tired of constantly being around one color for weeks at a time.

But, the color was appropriate for the mood Steven felt trapped inside.

Steven sat in the middle of the floor, completely disregarding the chair positioned in the corner of the room. He couldn't sleep. He tried that already. He couldn't think straight. Probably because he was exhausted. Steven couldn't even cry. He was completely out of tears at this point.

Steven's head ached as he hid his face in his arms. Other than that, he was completely numb to the touch. His mind was so crowded with thoughts, it were as if it didn't have time to pay attention to much anything else, not even one of his five senses.

There was a hurricane causing destruction inside Steven's mind. An EF5 tornado. He was scared. He was so scared that he barely remembered any of the conversation he and Blue Diamond had had just hours ago.

All Steven seemed to remember was the fact that Pearl, Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire were caught by the Diamond Authority, and it was all his fault.

A gem who Steven had come to trust, a gem who promised not to share any information on the Crystal Gems, had been a liar. She didn't care about him, and she probably never did.

Steven couldn't even begin to imagine what Blue Diamond was going to do to his family...

...

Suddenly, the door to his room opened. Steven was expecting to see Larimar or a guard or someone, but, surprisingly, no one was at the door.

There was just the long, blue hallway that faded into the darkness at the very end. All of the lights were turned off, so the light from Steven's quarters eerily poured out onto the floor of the hallway. Steven cautiously stood up. What was going on?

"Hello?" Steven called out into the abyss-like hallway. His voice echoed back to him, but it was the only one. Steven took a step toward the door, and poked his head out.

"Hello?" he tried again. Once more, there was no answer. He waited a second, to see if anywhere would step out of the darkness, and tell him he was 'summoned' by someone again.

As soon as Steven stepped into the hallway, the door closed behind him, enclosing him in complete darkness. Dread filled his stomach, as he spun around. He reached his hands out to feel around on the wall, but it wasn't there anymore. Somehow, the wall had disappeared. Then again, gem technology could do a lot of weird things.

Nervous and blind, Steven ventured into the dark, seemingly empty space. The only sounds were the ones of his footsteps.

Suddenly, a light flashed on to Steven right, and he whipped around to face it. There was a spotlight, coming from a cieling that seemed to far away to tell where it ended.

Steven carefully walked towards the spotlight, but stopped when a bruised and pale figure was thrown upon their side underneath it. The figure's wrists were bound with blue energy behind their back.

Steven gasped and stumbled backwards, having not expected the movements.

The figure let out a moan and rolled over, her face now visible to Steven.