"How about we get some bloody steaks?" Warden offered, getting a quick nod from Drake as he followed the guy toward the butcher's counter. 

They usually drained a decent amount of the blood from the cuts they put in the case, so Drake made sure that the butcher knew they wanted some dripping ones. The butcher added extra, previously drained blood at Drake's request, filling the packages almost to the point of leaking. It definitely didn't look appetizing to him, but Warden knew that Drake wouldn't mind tearing apart the meat, and Cerat would probably love the treat. 

"Hey, Drake?" 

His boyfriend looked up, a smirk on his face. "Finally wanna do it in the supermarket?" 

Rolling his eyes, Warden said, "Let's make him a smoothie with the spinach and blood." 

Drake raised an eyebrow as he set the cuts of beef in the cart, then followed Warden as he began moving again. "That's not a bad idea. Kind of reminds me of what we were doing at the beginning. Man, that guy was a stubborn pain the ass... or, well, at least in your ass." Drake said as they rounded a corner. A lady was standing there staring at them, her eyes wide, the box of crackers in her hand completely forgotten. 

He needs to lower his volume when we're out.

Of course, that would never happen. It was Drake, after all. The guy had no volume control unless he was asleep, and even then, sometimes when he worked really late, he snored like a train. 

"War, you with me, KFC?" Drake asked, waving a hand in front of Warden's face, snapping him out of his thoughts. 

"Yeah. Did you want anything to go with the steaks after we use the blood for Cerat, or want anything else in general?" He asked, getting a shake of Drake's head in response. 

"We have enough stuff for side dishes back at home." He said, making Warden grin as he watched Drake head toward the check out area. Of course, he grabbed a few things and tossed them into the cart as they made their way through the snack isle, but he didn't comment. He was too busy thinking about what he had said. It was still a little odd to hear Drake refer to his place as home, because, even when he was over there more often than not, he rarely called it his own home. 

He was just reaching for his wallet to pay, out of habit, when Drake grabbed his own and took care of the small bill. "I got it, War. Besides, I'll gladly pay the bill each time you look at me like you were." 

I really need to watch myself. Warden thought as he quickly took the last bag that Drake hadn't gotten and hurried outside, his head down except to watch for cars. Thankfully, Drake opened the behicle with the fob before he got there, giving Warden a chance to duck inside and cool his burning cheeks. 

"If I wouldn't get in trouble for embarrassing you more than that, I absolutely would every chance I got." Drake said as he set the bag he had in Warden's lap, then got them on their way back to the penthouse. 

Warden scowled out the window the first few minutes of the ride, but his attention slowly drifted back to Drake when the guy didn't say anything else. Is he talking to Cerat again? He wondered as he glanced sideways at his boyfriend several times when he wasn't paying attention to him. 

"Yes, I'm talking to our leech." Drake said as they pulled into the parking garage area of the penthouse. 

Warden couldn't help the smile that slipped onto his lips at Drake's statement. Of course, Drake could read him like a book, so once the car was put in park, he reached over and grabbed the two bags in Warden's lap, then leaned in for a kiss. 

"He's very excited to be coming back. I bet you he'll be here one minute after midnight." He said before exiting the car and heading toward the elevator.