Eyes (Valt Aoi x Reader)

It was late at night, maybe around 11, and (Y/n) was taking a walk. She was tired of her family, they never gave her the opportunity to do what she wanted.

What she wanted? She wanted to be a Blader. Her father was a Blader, and that's why her mom loved him. But they felt that Blading just wasn't for girls.

(Y/n) found that to be "complete and utter bullshit". Or at least, that's what she says whenever she rants to Valt about her woes.

Valt Aoi. (Y/n) was completely head over heels in love with him. She didn't mind that he could be stuck up sometimes. She found him absolutely stunning, inside and out.

Valt's eyes especially attracted the (H/c)ette. They were a beautiful, rich shade of brown. But what really trapped (Y/n) was his pupils. All the Aois had white pupils. It fascinated her.

A shout broke the girl out of her daydream. "(Y/n)! What are you doing around here so late?"

Mimicking her hears, (Y/n) skidded to a stop. Valt! I didn't know I was outside his house!

"U-uh... V-Valt? What are you, um, what are you doing awake?" She stammered.

"Had to help Mom bake, we're still working. We could use some extra hands since Toko and Nika went to bed. Wanna come in?" The boy grinned from the window.

You're being invited to go inside Valt's house! Don't screw up, (Y/n), accept the offer!

"Y-yes, I'd love to, Valt. Th-thank you." (Y/n) walked up to the door, attempting to stifle her blush. Valt grinned and opened the door, stepping aside to let her in.

Rantaro owes me 10 bucks, now! He thought (Y/n) didn't like me, what an idiot. It's obvious she does. Valt chuckled to himself, flashing a smile to his guest.

"I'm gonna let mom know you're here. The bathroom is right there, wash your hands and follow my voice to the kitchen." The bluenette said, taking note of how (Y/n) was staring right into his eyes. He snapped his fingers, and (Y/n) was back in focus. "You heard?"

"Ah, um, yes... I-I'll go wash up, n-now..." Cursing to herself, (Y/n) walked into the bathroom and shut the door. "Those damn eyes!"

Meanwhile, Valt had explained the girl's presence to his mother and was happily kneading some dough.

"Valt, you seem giddy. Do you like (Y/n)?" Chiharu smirked as she set a pan of bread dough in the oven to bake.

"There's no point hiding it. Yeah, I do." Valt smiled sheepishly. He put the dough he was working with to the side to rest and got to work on braiding the dough he had put aside earlier.

"You should tell her. It's obvious that she likes you."

"I know, Rantaro didn't think she did. I mean, I can be a bit dim, but even I knew (Y/n) liked me. I'm gonna tell her I like her today, and when Rantaro sees me holding hands with her at school, he's gonna have to cough up 10 dollars!" Valt laughed.

"10 dollars for what?" The (H/c)ette asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Valt, nows the time. Explain." Chiharu kept down a laugh as she handed the recipe for raisin bread to the girl.

(Y/n) nodded and gathered the ingredients, starting on making the dough. She shook a bit, nervous. Did I do something wrong...?

"(Y/n), I know you like me." Valt began bluntly.

(Y/n) froze. "Y-you... you d-do?" I knew I was obvious, but not this obvious! I thought Valt was innocent and oblivious!

"Uh-huh. Everyone does. Well, besides Rantaro. He bet 10 dollars that you don't like me. That's what you heard '10 dollars' for. So I was just telling Mom that when he sees us at school holding hands he'll have to give me the money." Valt smiled. His eyes shone- well, that's what (Y/n) saw.

"Valt... you like me too?" She blushed, surprised she didn't stutter. She stared into his eyes again. There was no sign of lying, just white, brown, and love.

"I do. Be mine?"

"Of course!"

At school, Valt and (Y/n) stood hand in hand, chatting happily. Rantaro blinked upon seeing the couple, and stormed up to them. "What's going on here?"

"Rantaro! Gimme the money. (Y/n) and I are together." Valt held his free hand out triumphantly, smirking. (Y/n) chuckled.

"How do I know you're not lying? How does (Y/n) know you're not lying?" Rantaro looked at said girl, seemingly worried.

"He's not messing with me or using me, Rantaro," (Y/n) sighed. "I know because when he confessed to me, his eyes were filled with love."

"My eyes?" Valt tilted his head, pocketing the cash his blonde friend begrudgingly gave up.

"Yes, your eyes. I've always loved your eyes."

"Well... I like your eyes too."

"Aww... I guess I should be happy for you two." Rantaro smiled a bit, though he was angry he lost money.

"Your eyes say differently." (Y/n) deadpanned.

"Eh?!"