Definitely Not Interested! (Shu Kurenai x Reader)

Here is Shu's first oneshot! This was requested by @mystery_Alexis21 and I hope you all enjoy! Deep down all of you at least appreciate Shu, right?
_________________________________________
          A girl was running around the path surrounding the park. Who was she? Shu couldn't tell from where he was, inconveniently directly across the park from her. He was running, too, and the constant moving made it hard to focus on the girl. He stopped to take a drink of water, and from what he could tell, the girl did too.

          Weird, Shu thought. It's almost like we're in sync.

          That thought was put aside as the girl continued running. Shu was out of breath, so he didn't go on. He was a bit out of shape, in his opinion, and he confirmed the thought when he found he needed another few sips of water, even when the girl was a few yards in front of him. (H/l) (H/c) hair, (S/c) skin... as she got closer, Shu found she had (E/c) eyes.

          "Oh, Shu. Fancy seein' you here, huh? You come often?" The girl sighed, slowing from a jog to a leisure walk.

          The white haired male nodded. "All the time. You?"

          "I come every day, even if it means I have to stay up to do my homework after I get home. Gotta get my training in, y'know?" (Y/n) grabbed the towel draped over her neck and dried some sweat off, then stretched her arms out and gave the boy before her a quick glance. "Do you always come alone?"

          "I always come alone. Sometimes my friends pop up and give me company or offer to help me train."

          "Kinda sad."

          "Oh really? How so?" Shu rolled his eyes, unzipping his sweater, as it was getting rather uncomfortable with it zipped up.

          "Poor ol' Shu doesn't have anyone to train with him from the start." (Y/n) mocked.

          Shu always figured the (H/c) haired girl didn't like him. He didn't know why. So he has grown to be rather indifferent about her. She's not particularly nice with him, so why should he treat her special? He shouldn't. And that's why he waved to her and finished his lap before heading home.
______Time skip_____

         "Yesterday, I was working a bit on the Flash Launch, and if I do say so myself, Valtryek and I did amazing!" Valt grinned. "I'm so ready for a battle!"

         "I wouldn't be so sure, Valt," Rantaro held up his index finger, as if to say 'Hold up.' "you tend to jump into things right when you think you're doing well in training."

         "Rantaro's right, Valt." Daigo nodded.

         "You should work on it more before you get too cocky. We all know what happens when Valt gets cocky, right?" Shu smirked.  Ken, Ker, and Beus nodded.

         "Valt wins and thinks he's invincible, and that no one can defeat him." Ker started, while Ken smiled.

         "And then... bam! He loses, and whether or not it be a close call or him getting his butt handed to him, his whole world comes crashing down." Beus finished.

        "Hey!" The blue haired boy shouted.

        "At least you don't blame your losses on Valtryek, Valt," Shu chimed. "That'd make you a terrible Blader. Instead you beat yourself up, which is better that pinning losses on your Bey. That motivates you to get stronger."

       "But the kid should really quit takin' things so personal. Take your losses gracefully, just like you should take your wins. Then people will like you because you're not a stuck up brat like that Wakiya kid. I guess I have to agree with Snow White... to an extent." A female voice said. (Y/n) walked up to Valt from behind and stole his headband, placing it on her head. "How do I look? Hi, my name's Valt! My Valtryek and I will crush you!"

      Rantaro laughed, Daigo chuckled, and Ken smiled. Ker looked as if he were laughing while Beus looked worried.

      "You sound just like Valt!" Ker snickered.

      "Is that sanitary?" Beus wondered.

      (Y/n) was dancing around the group, weaving through each of them to make getting caught by Valt harder.

      "(Y/n)! Give me my headband back!" The short boy whined, while the female grinned and hid behind Daigo.

      "Not a chance, squirt! I've got Daigo to protect me!"

      "Give him back his headband, (Y/n)." Shu sighed, though finding the whole ordeal to be entertaining. (Y/n) pouted.

      "And why should I listen to you, Shu?" She questioned, walking up to the red eyed boy.

      "Its the right thing to do and all." He reached for the headband, but (Y/n) pulled it away.

      "Ah-ah-ah! I'll give it back later."

      "Then I'll have to take the thing from you."

      "How exactly do you plan to do-"

      Before (Y/n) could finish speaking, Shu had her lips locked with his. She relaxed into the kiss after a bit of struggling, and when Shu was certain that she was completely distracted, he gently pried Valt's headband away from her hand and held it out for him to take. Valt happily put it on, and Shu pulled away.

      "Why would you do that you idiot? That was disgusting!" (Y/n) spat, a heavy blush resting on her cheeks.

      "You kissed back, so you liked it to a point. How about we go out sometime, you and me?" Shu smirked, brushing his hair away from his face with his hand in the way he does, revealing his scar.

      "N-no way," The female hissed, mentally cursing herself for her stutter. "Not interested. Besides, I'd need your number, dummy."

      "Well, here." Shu chuckled, handing her a slip of paper with his number written on it. "Call me if you change your mind."

      "This is pointless, I won't be calling. I'm totally not interested." (Y/n) huffed, but took the paper and pocketed it.

      "Sure." Shu smiled, turning and walking away.

      (Y/n) did end up calling, and she and Shu had a great time, though the girl would never openly admit it.

      "Whatever happened to 'totally not interested'?" Shu asked. (Y/n) blushed and punched his arm lightly, making him smile.

      "Shut up, Kurenai."
_______________________________________________

Did you enjoy? If you did, great! Make sure you request! I'll write for any boy, and I may even do parts if enough people request that. Man, this is almost twice as long as Ken's... strange, because Ken is my favorite.