Part 10

Marinette's POV
*
I hear my mom calling my name from downstairs, I look at the clock to see that it reads 8:45 am. AHHHH I'm gonna be late again! I get dressed as fast as I can, I grab my purse and Tiki flew inside it with a cookie, I grab my backpack and look in the mirror. I don't have time to put my hair in pigtails... I'll just leave it down. I race downstairs with my shoulder length hair bouncing as I quickly grab a croissant and say bye to my parents. I race to school which is only about a 5 minute walk. I race to the classroom to see Alya sitting in our usually seat in the second row behind Adrien and Mino. I give him a quick smile and he winks at me like he usually does as Chat. I feel my check go a bit red as I take my seat and the bell rings for class to start. "Cutting it a bit close today?" Alya says in a low voice. "Woke up late." I said with a laugh. As I focus on what our teacher is saying I start to feel my back and head getting sore again from our battle with Hawkmoth. I try to reposition myself in my seat to see which hurts less. This is going to be a long day..
*
*
Later that day
*
I start walking home on my usual route by myself since Alya lives in the other direction. Until someone links their arm with mine, startled I look to see that it's Adrien. "Can I walk you home Princess?" He asks with a smile and I nod. "About last night.." I start to say until he cuts me off. "Yea, sorry about staying the night, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He said quickly without meeting my gaze. "I was going to say thank you." I say and he looks down at me, since he's almost a head taller then me. "Thank you? You didn't find it... I don't know... weird?" He says with a confusing but shyly look. "No, not at all. I found it, sweet." I say with a smile and he smile back. We get to the front door of the bakery still with our arms linked together. "Thanks for walking me. Will I see you later? We need to make another plan for Hawkmoth." I say while looking around to make sure no one can hear me. "You want to go back after him? But you got seriously hurt." He says with concern and worry in his voice. I look into his green eyes and all I see is fear, fear of losing me, again. "Maybe we can wait a while until we figure out a better plan." I say and I turn my head to look through the bakery window; my mom and dad are helping a customer fill out an order form. "I should get going." Adrien says and unlinks our arms. "Yea, I should help out with the bakery." I say and he leans in to kiss my cheek. My face goes a light pink but so does his. "I'll see you later My Lady." He says and walks off towards his house. "See you Kitty." I say to myself and head into the bakery.
*
*
Sorry if this is a bit short. But it turns out that there will probably be more parts then I though there would be!