Chapter 2

I'm the Doctor.
His words were still resonating in my ears. Doctor. So familiar, but not at the same time. Could he be- no. He couldn't. No way. I mentally shook myself, and then stood.
"Hey," he said, "do you want to.....I mean, you know who I am. Sort of. I don't have time to explain, but my quick offer is do you want to travel with me?"
I'd seen a lot. And here was someone who shared the same experiences as me, but maybe he was more knowledgeable. I wasn't sure, but my subconscious mind made the decision for me by making me nod.
"Come. 9 o'clock. Parking lot. I'll try to explain everything," he said. "Go home."
"I have no home. Just an orphanage," I replied bitterly.
He looked nervous. "Don't explain me then. Just leave."
"I don't think they would notice me missing anyway," I said. "They don't think I exist."
I practically sprinted back that day.
The care home was only about half a kilometer from the school- hence why I had to walk to school every day.
I raced into my "room" which was more like a crammed box that I shared with 5 other people.
OK, what would I need?
Food? Nah, I'd live.
Clothes. OK, T-shirt, warm hoodie. Check.
Skinny jeans? Yeah, my new black ones. They'd stay good for a long time.
Shoes. I grabbed my black combat boots. They'd be the best for hard movement.
I grabbed my knife and shoved it into my pocket, and pulled out my box that held the last remnant of my parents.
I pulled out my mother's horse necklace. It was silver, with a galloping horse charm with real diamonds embedded into it. She'd always told.... No. Shut up, Misty.
Anyway, I pulled my hair into a ponytail with a new hair tie. I grabbed a few more and put them not my wrist, and I was set.
I looked at myself in the mirror.
The dark shadows under my eyes showed my sleep haunted by nightmares and strange sightings. In other words, I hadn't slept well in a long time. My chewed fingernails showed how stressed I always was. The scars on my wrists.... Well, you can guess that.
Anyway, the others had returned, and I pretended that I had been reading all the time. I had considered bringing my book, but I wasn't really into bringing it. I could get a new copy one day.
They all looked at me like I was set for a bank robbery or something, which was partially true because I was leaving.
A bell rang after a few hours of reading. Dinner.
As usual, the food looked moldy and out of date. Yeah, I was not going to get food poisoning again after last time.
Let's just say that I had a tiny bit of their food, and I was puking for a week after.
I pretended to stay up reading again, until the nuns thought that everyone was asleep.
Now it was time to run.
I stood and left, not bothering to leave an explanation. They didn't need it.
I silently walked out of the room and raced out into the night.
There was a full moon, meaning that I didn't have to rely on street lights to get around.
Yes, I has gone for midnight adventures before. I was lucky and never got caught.
I waited in the dark in the parking lot, scanning the area for potential dangers.
There he was, standing by a police box. How that was going to get us around, I didn't know. I didn't even think that we both could fit on there.
I stalked my way toward him, and he saw me earlier that I thought he would.
"You came," he said softly.
"How can I resist?" I replied.
He smiled. "This is the TARDIS," he said.
TARDIS. Oh my gosh. Was he really- no. That's impossible. No way.
He opened it up, and I stepped inside.
It was so much larger than it seemed. It defied the laws of physics or whatever. Physics wasn't really my subject area.
In simplest terms, I was amazed.
And I was very excited to travel in it.