Part 44

"What are you doing here?" he asked stepping closer not taking his eyes off her...

With a vivacity in her eyes she wanted to stop her heart from beating so loudly, thank God the darkness around perfectly hide her blushing and fidgeting. She couldn't believe it was really him. She smiled at first but then she understood, every time he leaves her crying...

"That's none of your business" she firmly snapped at him and turned around. This must be the first time when she herself wanted to go away from him. It was awfully tough but she wanted to move away before she feels weak.

Veer was surprised at her reply, he met her after two months and here she's behaving so weird. He shook his head and walked after her before she reached a little house and turned around...

"You live here?" he kept the bag on the ground

"Stop sulking" she said... making him wonder if she went through some brain surgery....

That was adequate to raise his anger, the moment he saw her closing the door behind her, he pushed the door open and entered in closing the door behind...

"What the hell is going on with you?"

She turned around "with me?"

"Yes you...damn it...what are you doing here?" he touched her shoulder and she stepped back...

"Don't touch me" she said hissing at him to avoid making any sort of loud noises

He could see her face in the dim light of the lantern.... She was fuming with no tears in her eyes this time. He had no inkling of how to explain her, this was the most problematic part for him. Convincing, the word was out of his dictionary...

He rubbed his hand in his hair... "Aarti listen..."

"No, you listen to me Veer... just leave from here..."

This was becoming lurid for him. "Bloody hell" he murmured and stepped out of the small house...

Aarti closed the door... this was unquestionably not anticipated. But she wouldn't let him enter her life again, he won't comprehend her and there's no point.

Slowly she lay on the bed and closed her eyes.... ...

-----------------------------------

Next Morning....

She woke up with the clatter outside... she looked from the small window and saw Veer surrounded by some villagers and chit chatting. But he doesn't understand the language, quickly she opened the door and stepped out...

"Kaka..."

"We know Aarti dear, he's your husband"

Before Aarti could speak up Veer jumped in again "I have come to stay with my wife"

He said for the first time smiling at her...

With raised eyebrow she stared at him "really?" she shook her head and walked back

Kaka watched Veer "your wife is very sensible. Now you go, that's where she lives"

Aarti poured some tea in a cup... "Here"

She passed a cup of tea and some biscuits to him, he took it and looked at her sad face

"Aarti..."

"Please Veer... let's not say anything to each other...I don't want to listen to whatever" she said while putting the towel on her shoulder

"Where are you going?" he scowled