Part 36

She observed the clock, Aarti was now irascibly waiting for Kavita who had gone with a basket of fruits to deliver to Mr. Commando... With a dying urge to embrace him in her arms she closed her eyes.

The fact that he would never change ultimately fixed in her mind and today she had no issues with him being impassive towards her. The only thing that mattered was him, just him.

Her inquisitiveness was on the rim almost jumping up and down. She hoped Veer would have accepted the fruits, in every possible way she presumed him not losing his temper this time.

"Hi" Kavita walked in...

Aarti instantly rose on her feet "did he eat the fruits, I mean did he let you keep the fruits, did he ask why you are keeping the fruits for him?"

"Aarti..." Kavita tried to make her sit on the bed then smiled at her "yes, I kept the fruits on the table and he said hi to me"

Aarti couldn't believe "what? That's it"

"Yes"

"He didn't ask you about me? And why you were getting the fruits and who gave the fruits?" Aarti quizzically thought looking at her

Kavita simply nodded "no, he didn't ask anything"

"Then what took you so long?" Aarti frowned at her

Kavita picked up a glass of water and gulped down her throat, then looking at Aarti's anxious features she thought of not disclosing but then why should she lie to her friend "actually, there was a girl sitting in his room and she started talking to me"

Aarti's heart twisted and sunk with nerves, her breaths came in sharp pants and she tried to gain control "a girl? In Veer's room?"

Tiny twinges of jealousy mixed with fury stimulated in her body, she had never seen or heard him speaking to any girls in his life, then who was this girl that went to meet him on the hospital bed.

She could drown in this air, suffocate in the room, she had given him the power to save her or destroy her. Aarti was on the brink where one tear on either side of her eyes was waiting to fall down on her cheeks...

"Aarti... what happened?" Kavita touched her shoulder and looked back in her phone. Aarti quickly wiped those tears before emerging.

Pretending to be relaxed and not getting affected because of his cold behavior she picked up the magazine "nothing, I am just exhausted" she said softly to Kavita who was busy dialing a number.

Aarti flipped the pages through the magazine but her heart raced ever since Kavita had mentioned about the girl in Veer's room. She must go and check who this girl was. But on the other hand she thought it won't make any difference, as this won't increase or decrease his emotions. She keeps falling in love with him and each time is harder than the last. Every time the feeling gets deeper, more complete, more bewitching...

--------------------------------------------

Sanya kept the flowers in the vase "Thank you Veer...I will keep you posted about the change of ownership."

Veer looked at the documents his Dad passed on to his friend and Sanya's uncle to whom Mr. Oberoi wanted to hand over the channel...

"How is Mr. Oberoi doing?" Sanya asked smilingly

Still engrossed in the documents "he's good" he said without looking at her... "I will give these to my lawyer for any further information."

"Sure, thanks Veer"