Part 38

He knew her better than anyone, loved her more than anyone, but in these infrequent failures to suppress his rage at the world he tore into her like only a lover can...

Veer had to leave for his next mission, he received the orders right in the morning on his table.

Being a soldier and a committed officer he gave up all his sentiments, and thoughts for his work. He knew she wouldn't come along with him leaving her parents depressed. Even he wouldn't force her at this time, it was her decision and he will never come in between her and her family.

The decision was hard not only for Aarti but for him as well, only his inner self knows how much he wants her but every time the opportunities have ditched them.

It would be better to leave this on destiny now. If she has to come back in his life, she will herself. He knew Aarti's the only girl who has made such a place in his heart that even if he tries to forget her, he simply can't.

Looking at her small picture in his phone, he kept admiring her for a few seconds "stop changing me" he murmured and kept the phone back in his pocket.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Some small places around the Deccan of the country are facing problems by bandits that were making the lives of the local villagers difficult. A month before they killed few police officers in that area and even burnt the police station resulting in the killing of few police officials...

The government had passed the orders to army now who will be cleaning this massive distortion that's increasing day by day...

Being a rural area people were mostly scared because of the increasing bandits who had their usual rights issue and wanted the government to follow their orders to which the ministers declined straight away...

All this started when a local villager stood against his own village and few others joined him in his so called impractical undertaking. The whole story was still unknown to the media.

Yashpal opened the door only to see Veer getting all ready to leave "Sir, the jeep is waiting outside"

Veer nodded "good, just clear all this and let's leave"

Yashpal wanted to ask about Aarti, but then he knew this was his Major's personal life and he has no right to ask. He felt bad as the poor girl's eyes were moist when she left the room yesterday...he picked up Veer's laptop and a small bag that was neatly packed few minutes ago...

Veer wore his uniform and left from the hospital, he checked his phone for any more updates regarding the mission. The latest he received was that he has to leave as soon as possible to control this situation as it was getting worse.

In a short time he left for the next mission. He had to save innocent villagers from the hands of the bandits. Veer was least concerned about his own life and even the thought about her didn't come around him at all.

This was indeed not the first time that he forgot all his life and things around him, whenever he hears about a crime or he's given a set mission, he rarely thinks anything other than his task...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jeeps passed through the dusty sand trails. The whole area as far as one could see was covered with sand dunes...the silent paths were connected through to some rural villages. There were a total of five small villages in the whole area that only had little amenities...