Part 34

Aarti's eyes were still wandering the sky...unable to speak her heart out, she had already made up her mind of not putting her knees in front of this man. Even if the circumstances are not in her favor, he would be the last person she would turn to even in need.

She recalled the day when he asked her to get out of his house...she reminisced all those nights and days when she had cried for him. Today after three months he still takes her as granted. It's true that she was mad about him, in fact from mornings till night, her brains were constantly occupied by his and only his thoughts.

"I just want morning to come quickly and I will go back" she purred although making sure he hears her...

But this time he didn't spill out his conceit, she assumed him sleeping now...

"Same here" he murmured after almost a minute...

Aarti rolled her eyes at his words, so he was equally impatient to get out of here...but then why did he come here at first place... "If you are so edgy, why did you follow me after all?"

He put his hand under in head and relaxed on his elbow "one has to get brains to understand the complicacy of the subject"

She frowned again "So you mean I don't have brains?"

"Hmm...prove" he added instantly...

Prove! What does he want her to do... well she's intelligent of course? Why does she have to prove this? Is he really testing her or just teasing her with his silly ways...

But she must demonstrate this man today. "How should I prove?"

"Think about getting out of this jungle" he promptly gave her a conundrum...

So he thinks if she gets out of this place, then she's got more brains ...

"Really? You think I am jungle girl? Was I born here?" Aarti got up grouching at him...

"Keep sulking" Lazily he rested his hands her his head

"I can find my way. I don't have to rely on you" she stood up...

Slowly she tried taking a step when she flinched a little, but this time her feet was much better...

"Where the hell do you think you are going?" he said

Aarti picked up her bag and put it around her shoulder "well I am a smart girl who can find a way out of this jungle... you can sleep in this wilderness. Jungle boy"

Veer shook his head as to what she was up to. "This night is the longest for me, not to say boring"

She swirled at him "so sad...you can do whatever you want to entertain yourself" Aarti irately started walking towards her right side... Veer knew it wasn't easy to handle this obstinacy but he has to show his perseverance, at least till morning.

---------------------------------------

Step by step she walked more inside the jungle...

Barely getting any sight around since it was dark and the only light was the moonlight, plus she had enough of Veer and his remarks.

What does he really think of himself? Is he the only person who can protect me every time? No, she thought...she is a clever girl and obviously can find her way by herself. She wouldn't sit with him any more "Oh God. Why is this jungle so big?"

With small footsteps she kept pressing the dried leaves and grass on her way making small sounds in the quiet jungle, not even for a second did she stopped grumbling about everyone in her life.