Chapter 8 - Consequences

I never thought it would come to this. That I would feel so scared about anything. But I am scared. If Alice finds the bracelet first, Michael will be in so much trouble. I barely think he can talk it away. Luckily she most likely doesn't know it's mine, unless she has seen me wear it.

Michael hasn't called nor texted me all day. I figured he would if anything had happened, or maybe if he has found it. I just need a confirmation. It was no fun walking around with a big lump in my throat, worrying. I sighed, starring at the reflection in my mirror. I wondered sometimes how it had come this far. I only remember as if it was yesterday I only crushed on Michael. And now, it had become much more than a crush. It was crazy, but I liked it.

Honestly it hurt a lot knowing he was with her now. I know I'm in no position to be this hurt, especially since I'm not the one being cheated on. I just hope he will break up with her soon! Even though we can't be together in the open, doesn't mean he should have a relationship with her. And for what reason if he doesn't love her? Unless he thinks me and him is just a small fling that will disappear. Maybe he is seeing the future, and not just this moment.

It was turning dark outside, and I walked downstairs to get something to drink. My heart skipped a beat, and I froze for a second as I noticed my dad and Michael in the living room. Why was he here? I mean, why hasn't he texted me saying he would be here! 

I tried walking quietly through the living room. It felt like my heart made a loud sound, beating hard against my chest. "Oh there you are!" I then heard my dad say. "Shoot" I swore under my breath before turning around with a smile on my face. Michael turned his head, looked at me and smiled. "Hey"

I smiled back. "Hello" I thought I was going to faint.

"I didn't think you were home" Dad said. "No, I've been upstairs finishing some homework for tomorrow"

I wanted to do anything just to get away from this awkward situation! It was only yesterday I'd seen Michael.. more exposed than ever. And seeing him now didn't really help my view. I swallowed hard trying to focus on anything else than his perfect body.

"That's my girl" He smiled big. I turned around walking straight into the kitchen to catch my breath. 

I took a deep breath as I got a glass and some ice cold water. I needed something to cool me down. My heart finally began beating normally and I took the courage to walk through again. But as I entered the living room, I noticed how my dad wasn't there. Maybe this was my chance to talk to Michael.

I quickly walked over to him and he looked up at me, a little bit surprised, but most happy to see me. "He will be in here again soon"

"I know. I'll be quick" I replied, feeling again my heart beating quickly. It was a dangerous game to play. "I lost my bracelet at your place"

His eyes widened. "What?"

And with that, I knew he hadn't found it. "Shit... You have to find it! There is a big chance Alice will find it. And then you have to find some sort of explanation"

I'd never felt this helpless before. It was a feelings I never wanted to experience. He noticed how worried I was, and took my free hand to caress it. "I will find it"

I smiled a little. I was not worried for my sake, I was more worried for his. Unless he would come up with an amazing excuse, this would by no chance end good. Suddenly I heard a door being shut. I dragged my hand from his and walked away. I took a sip from my cold water in order to calm down yet again before facing my dad. 

__

Next day couldn't have come any slower. I had been lying awake most of the night, just thinking. About all and everything. I was so tired, I wasn't sure how to get up to get to school. But I had to.

I meet up with Rory in the hallway. "Ey girl!" She hugs me. Then she notices the black circles under my eyes.
She looks at me, worried. "What happened?"

"Is it that obvious?" I ask, even though I know it totally is.

She nods and I sigh. "I've been up all night. Literally"

"Why?" 

"So I know I haven't exactly talked to you about this... About me and, Michael. But there's been so much happening!"

"Oh honey... Well, let's go and talk somewhere. I don't think the teacher will mind us skipping one class" She smiles.

I chuckle. "Of course not"

Then we walk off, finding a quiet place in the big school building. No student is to be seen, as they all started their class just now. We sit down on a bench and start talking. I tell her everything, from the slightest detail to the bigger picture. She reacts in both shock and happiness for me. Especially since she knows how big my crush was on him.

"Wow, well. First, you don't know if she has found your bracelet. So there is a chance Michael will find it"

"But I can't base is on that. Besides there isn't anything I can do about it..."

"Maybe there is"

"What do you mean?" I look at her with a curious look as I know she is well known for her devious schemes and plans.

"We should search their place"

"I'm not breaking into his house!"

"No no!" She quickly says before explaining. "Just get him to give you the key to his house, and then he has to take her on a date or something. Then we will have plenty of time"

"You are kind of crazy you know?" I chuckle, and she grins.

I couldn't think of anything else to do, to be honest. Even though It never would've been my first choice. It seems too crazy to do. I should just believe that Michael will find it. 'Cause I feel him freaking out just as I'm doing.

______

A/N - So sorry I didn't post when I said I was going to, but I've been sick since February so it's been a bit difficult for me to write since I was really scared about what I was going through. But I'm feeling a bit better now, luckily xoxo