"You should eat," Loki reminded me as he read his book, stopping only to look up at me.

"You should stop fussing," I replied turning up the corner of my mouth just a little.

"I'll stop fussing when you're dead."

"Oooh. So close."

"Just eat, Maya. You need your strength." He rolled his eyes as he passed me a cup of water. "The Avengers are coming to see you and dealing with them requires strength."

"And patience?" I said as I took a sip.

"And patience." He agreed. "And that medicine you mortals call aspirin."

"I use Advil."

"I hope it's strong."

*********

Steve was the first to show up with Dream Team right behind him. Nat got me expensive chocolate while Steve and Bucky got flowers for me respectfully. Sam was nice enough to buy a card that sings. Odd choice but I wasn't going to argue with that.

Bucky was the first one to give me a hug, carful not to hurt me since I was still sore. I got a hug from Steve (who gave amazing hugs) then Nat and Sam.

Loki had stepped out of the room to get more coffee.

"Where's Stark?" I asked as I sat cross legged on the hospital bed. Steve was leaning against the wall while Nat sat next to me, braiding my hair which had gotten longer.

"He's trying to get you a present," Sam said.

"A 'get-well-soon' present?"

"More like a 'time-to-make-it-up-to-you-for-almost-dying-present' actually." Bucky graciously corrected. "But yes."

"It's expensive, isn't?"

"It's Stark," he rolled his eyes. "Of course it's expensive."

I smiled tiredly as I nodded.

"Figures."

I yawned as my eyes started dropping. The morphine was kicking in and I felt like I was going underwater.

"Get well, Maya!" I heard Bucky say. "We'll be back."

Nat said something to me. Something about staying with me for the night and Loki taking a break.

I must've said something but even to my ears it sounded like garbled gibberish. 

Then I went under.

I woke up a few hours later when night had settled in. Natasha wasn't in the room yet I could hear someone talking outside of my hospital room. I tensed up suddenly scared that one of my father's followers was here to assassinate me.

It would be naive to think that just because I killed my father that the Anwar Clan would simply disperse. He had his higher ups who lurked in the shadows.  They weren't strong as they used to be but like HYDRA and AIM, they would bide their time.

I leaned over grabbing the sharpest object which was a pair of scissors. My eyes were trained on the door as I waited patiently.

The door swung open, the dull glow of the hospital lights spilled into my room nearly touching the foot of my bed.

Natasha stepped through, carefully closing the door before she turned around and noticed me sitting up right with a pair of scissors in my hand. She raised her eyebrow at me.

"I hope those weren't for me."

"Sorry," I said sheepishly, putting the scissors back. "I got paranoid."

She didn't say anything else, she placed a hand on my shoulder giving a sold squeeze. It was  subtle but I understood. I placed my hand over hers, faintly feeling her pulse, as I silently thanked her. I wanted to say more but this felt enough for now.

I had so many questions burning in the back of my mind. It was basically an inferno at this point.

Was my father dead? Where's Miriam's and Amid's body? What happened to the Clan? Did the soldiers disband and can they be cured?

And most important of all: Was my mother safe?

My body was still healing and I didn't want to push it but it was an ungodly hour in the morning. Nat patted my head before she headed back to her make shift bed. The questions could wait for now, I decided. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure I'm safe at the moment.

I leaned back into my pillows trying to get comfy as I closed my eyes hoping that I was lucky enough not to get any dreams.

I wasn't.