I can lead you

Percy looked at the boy laying on the stones beneath his feet in mild shock and sympathy. He knew what it was like to meet a person from your past. Someone you thought you would never see again. 

"Shut your mouth or you'll catch flies." Jason snapped, standing up and dusting his pants before turning on his heel and marching off towards the light at the end of the alley, "I don't need your sympathy, neither do I want it."

Percy stood there, watching the boy retreat, before shaking his head and following Jason. Percy couldn't exactly blame the boy for being annoyed. The last thing he wanted sympathy. He and Percy were sort of the same there; not wanting sympathy, not wanting to see pity in people's eyes, to feel belittled by a little bit of emotion. 

"Jason, "Percy started, watching as Jason slowed down and turned his head slightly, ever so slightly, "You're going the wrong way." And indeed he was, they were walking in the direction towards the foul smelling rubbish bins, where they had just escaped the two cyclops. 

Jason's lips twitched downwards, before he turned a one-eighty, realizing that indeed he was. He then looked at Percy, who was smirking at the look on Jason's face. He only looked 'a little' confused.

"Oh..umm...I knew that. I was just testing you..." Jason said; he wasn't the best liar. 

"Sure.." Percy said, dragging out the end of the word, "come on, we should probably get back to your friends before they go insane with worry." He then turned around and started walking down the alley. Down the right way this time. He didn't turn to see if Jason was following him; he didn't need to. The slow footsteps behind him were quite a giveaway. 

Jason checked his watch, and Percy could him curse under his breath, saying something about Luke killing him and promising not to go missing anymore. Percy chuckled silently under his breath, this is why he preferred to travel alone; although he didn't have a choice anyway. 

The alleyway began to get less claustrophobic - which Percy was very glad for - and soon opened up. The sun was just peeking up over the skyscrapers, creating a pastel array on the sky. Percy took a few moments to appreciate the sight. Most people most days would take the breathtaking sight for granted. It was the sky, so what? But not Percy. After seeing countless hair- raising, unspeakable sights, Percy took comfort in the warm colors of the sky. 

"Jason!" A voice sounding very similar to one of a goat's bleat sounded. Percy was brought back to the present just to see a flash of golden flying through the air. 

"Hey Grover, " Jason looked at the guy with a goatee and a rasta cap, "hey Annabeth, " he looked at the young blonde clinging to him for dear life. 

"Don't ever do that again!"The blonde said, her voice muffled by Jason's clothing. 

"I promise I won't Annabeth." 

"You better, you gave us one heck of a scare man." The guy with the goatee said accusingly. 

"He's right, you know. We searched all up and down the street, but couldn't find you." Piped up a new voice. 

"Hey Luke, sorry 'bout that. Couldn't exactly help the fact that I was ambushed though!" 

"Keep an eye out next time...Who's this?" Luke turned to Percy. 

"Oh, that's Percy, he helped me escape." Luke looked at Percy skeptically. Percy looked away quickly; Luke had one heck of a stare. 

"Hello, Percy." Percy waved, not knowing what to say. 

Annabeth looked at Percy curiously, her gray eyes analyzing Percy's every move. A daughter of Athena, Percy could tell. 

Luke turned to Jason. "Is he a demigod?" he whispered, not aware that Percy could hear due to his enhanced hearing. 

"Yes, I am," Percy said. Luke and Jason turned to Percy, shocked. 

"I can hear you, you know." Percy rolled his eyes. Jason and Luke looked guilty, but Percy waved it off. 

"So where are you headed to?" Percy asked. Jason looked at Luke and Luke gave a slight nod, signifying that Jason was able to tell. 

"Camp, Camp half-blood. Grover said it's the only place we will ever be safe." Jason explained. 

Percy nodded his head in understanding. He had heard the gods talking about the camp many times in meetings and he had been multiple times. 

He didn't know whether it was the pain and fear buried deep inside their eyes or the multiple cuts and bruises on every individual of the group, but he felt compelled to help. So he wasn't exactly thinking when he said, 

"I can lead you there if you want." The whole group turned towards him. Although no one would admit it, they were only 'a little' lost. Luke and Jason looked shocked (Percy guessed that they hadn't met very much kind people throughout their life). Annabeth looked at him with wide eyes. She kind of reminded Percy of Athena's animal; the animal. And Grover looked relieved. He no longer had to lead the group all by himself and if the group all agreed that they would allow Percy to lead them, he would no longer be so pressured as he was now. 

Annabeth looked at Luke pleadingly, 

"Please, please, please!" She begged. 

Luke still looked skeptical, which was understandable. He had only just met Percy and although he looked trustworthy, Luke had learned that looks can be deceiving and due to being lied to and abandoned so many times. However, Percy had saved Jason, Luke will give him that, so he was going to accept the offer....for now...he was going to keep an eye on Percy though. 

"Fine..." Luke said. Annabeth and Grover cheered and high-fived each other. 

"Right...but first let's find some shelter for the night."