Introduction

A beautiful woman ran down the street, a bundle in her arms. She looked back only to see that the monster that was chasing her and her child had gotten closer than when she last looked back. She knew that the monster would be upon her in a matter of minutes. The only thing she could do was continue running. Soon enough, she felt a searing pain in her leg and looked down to see claw marks. Red blood dribbled down her leg as she tried to fight off the hellhound that was currently circling her. She wasn't the best fighter and certainly didn't have the skills of a hero, but she still tried. At every kick she sent his way, he grew more irritated and there was a pained gasp as he clawed her chest, leaving a fatal wound. When the hellhound was backed up a little she used her last energy to grab the dagger in her handbag that her child's dad had given her before he was forced to leave. She threw the dagger into the hellhound's heart, dissolving it before it was able to hurt the child in her arms. Gingerly, she looked down to see the startling sea-green eyes staring down at her. Tears gathered in the back of her eyes when she realized that her child would be alone until he learned of his heritage. She wouldn't see him grow up and live the life that every other greek hero, but she could only hope that it would be a happy life and that he would live to a good age and die surrounded by his children and the love of his life. She could feel the life draining out of her and knew that her time to leave the world would be soon. Very soon.

"Be safe Perseus." She whispered before she collapsed, not able to hold her weight on one foot anymore.

Perseus started to cry. She gave her child one last reassuring smile, her eyes filled with love before she closed them for the very last time, her soul leaving her body.