Epilogue

Dipper kicked at a rock as he tried to navigate the crowed streets of London. Now he knew why Bill never went onshore. It was lonely for a siren. Mabel died a few centuries back so he had no one left except for his great great nephew Adrian. And even the young siren didn't want to hang out with Dipper.

"Sorry! I'm not used to walking around." He heard a female voice cry. "Does anyone know the way back to the ocean?" Dipper stopped then sprinted toward the voice at full speed, weaving through the crowds with the same speed that Bill had all those years ago.

"Miss! Miss!" He shouted as he stopped in front of a pink haired girl. She looked hopeful.

"Do you know they way back to the ocean? I have been away from home for so long. I don't even know how I'm on land right now." The girl lowered her head.

"Come here." Dipper pulled her into a alley. She almost tripped but he caught her. She swiped her pixie cut hair out of her eyes. "You're a siren aren't you?"

"Mermaid actually." The girl replied.

"Oh yeah. I forgot that they changed the term around 1912 after the Titanic." Dipper muttered seemingly agitated but in truth he was ecstatic. "I sill can't believe they thought I was a merman."

"Who are you? And why did you say that? Isn't it 2017? 1912 was over a hundred years ago." The girl backed up slightly.

"Yeah I guess sirens only do technically live a hundred years nowadays. With all the damn pollution. I am Dipper Seapines. Guardian of the Sea." He bowed formally. The girl looked at him like he was stupid.

"There no such thing. It's a bedtime story. Dipper never really existed." The she said. "Nor did Bill Cipher or his brother. Or Mabel Seapines and Wendy and Pacifica and Gideon. I can't believe you think you are Dipper when he was never real."

Dipper couldn't hide the smirk that crept onto his face. His hand crept to his throats and uncovered the charm hidden beneath his shirt. The girl stared at it. "Fake huh? I wonder how Bill would react to that. Seeing that he is technically right here with us." He mumbled a few words in the ancient language and a form shimmered into existence right beside him. Or more like two forms. Dipper and Bill from way back when. They were reenacting the past, Dipper's memories.

"Goodbye and good luck." Dipper nodded his head and held up one hand with his thumb and ring finger up. His first finger was raised about halfway. A symbol for luck.

"Same for you, I hope I might be able to call you friend one day." Bill felt the lifeboat rock lightly as his men started to pull him up. Dipper dove under followed by Mabel. Bill smiled.

"Your bedtime stories, were my life. That what's when I first met Bill. And he changed me. And I lost him." Dipper was near tears. The two forms changed. This time it was Dipper holding the charm reading out loud as Mabel swam nearby.

"I'm sorry I left Dipper. But I saved Mabel for you. Keep the sea safe for me. I'll see you again one day when it's your time to pass the Guardianship onto another one with the gift. Goodbye, we'll meet again some sunny day." Dipper recited with the shimmer. "That, that tore me to pieces. I'm still waiting for the day when I can join him once again. But I've only had the memories. Now there's you. Only those with The Siren's Song can walk on land, and become Guardian of the Sea." The shimmers disappeared.

"Me?" The girl looked scared. Dipper could smell the fear.

"Look. I know it's a lot to take on, I actually made numerous sirens go mad. But you learn how to control it. But you have to learn on your own. I had to and I defeated the Sea witch that took so many lives. Bill had to and he saved uncountable numbers of people. It gives us our strength." Dipper held out his hand. "What do you say, Amorta?"

"How do you know my name?" Amorta was scared shitless. Dipper grimaced at the amount of fear.

"I've been around centuries. Bill had been around for millenniums. You pick up a few things when you have billions of years of magic in your veins. I've been around long enough. I don't have anyone to wait for anymore. If you agree to take this." Dipper sighed. Amorta was still scared but she could see the pain on his face. The pain of losing the one he loved. She took his hand and he closed his eyes. His power drained into her and he began to breathe heavily. Suddenly he was lifted into the air and became a siren once again. Golden yellow snaked around his tail and a golden triangle was at his hip. He smiled before opening his mouth to speak.

"I, Dipper Seapines, nearby leave the care of the sea with Amorta. From this point on she will be the new Guardian of the Sea." He said then his body was lit with a brilliant gold and blue light. When it faded all that was left was a charm that was in the shape of a star with blue and gold twisting in the center. An eternal embrace between love.