Chapter Six

Dipper watched Bill bustle around his cabin like an angry bee. He didn't have enough cabins he found so Dipper has to share with someone.

"Not Fergus, he's already sharing with James. Freedman has his wife along with half of my crew." He muttered as he tried to find a map of the ship even though he knew it by heart. "Wendy is a girl so that's out along with Sasha."

"Bill?" Dipper spoke up. Bill stopped his searching to look at him. "Why don't I share with you? If that isn't a problem."

Bill stared at him in wonder. He hadn't thought of that. Then he would be able to keep an eye on Dipper and he'd have a friend closer then he normally allowed.

"That would work." Bill nodded. He turned and walked to a door on the other side of the room. He pulled it open. Behind there was and elegantly furnished cabin. This wasn't the correct room though. This was the dining room. "Wrong door. I always mix those two up when I'm stressed." He muttered.

"This one." He said pulling open the door on the back wall. Behind this door was a large room open to the sea with a cot, a table, a chair and a lamp. Paper was scattered everywhere.

"Sorry about the mess. A breeze must've came through." Bill apologized. Dipper walked into the room wide eyed. "I know it isn't all fancy shmancy but I don't do fancy things like that." He said then he muttered something that Dipper couldn't pick up even though he was a siren.

"What was that?" He asked. Bill looked up.

"Nothing." He replied. He started playing with his necklace. Dipper walked forward to look at it.

"I haven't seen you without that thing at all. Why don't you take it off?" Dipper asked.

"I can't." Bill muttered. "For Will I can't."

"The siren that saved you from the sea witch?" Dipper tilted his head to the side. Bill sighed.

"He wasn't just some siren that saved me, Dipper, he was," Bill took a deep breath and took off his coat. A triangle made of golden scales shimmered on his shoulder. "He was my brother."

Dipper gasped. He knew that something wasn't right about this man, he never thought that he was a siren. "You mean that," Dipper pointed to Bill's legs.

"You're scared." Bill muttered. "I'm sorry. You don't have to share a cabin with me. You don't even have to stay on my ship. If you do stay on my ship you can sleep in here and I'll sleep on the deck." He turned and picked up his coat. "Just do me a favor and don't tell my crew."

He began to walk out, tears stinging in his eye. Dipper was frozen. He couldn't think of what to do. So he instinctively put a hand on Bill's shoulder to stop him. "Why?" He whispered. "If you're a siren then why don't you live in the sea?"

"Because. I'm just like you. My curse made me lose my brother." Bill said sadly. "And I can't follow."

Dipper watched the pain in Bill's eye. There was longer than three hundred years. There was millions upon millions of years of pure pain and hatred. There was no happiness, no careless nature, nothing nice. Just pain and anger and hatred. Dipper had never seen anyone so beaten and still be standing.

"You're immortal." Dipper whispered. His hand fell to his side. Bill cast his haze down.

"Millions of years of disappointment taught me never to get my hopes up for anything. So, you can leave if you want. It doesn't matter." Bill's voice grew hard. Dipper watched as he slammed his fist into a nearby wall. Luckily this wall was made of metal, but he managed to create a hole anyway.

"No." It was a whisper. Bill barely heard it. He whipped his golden head up towards Dipper. "No." It was louder this time. "I'm not leaving. The only way I'll leave is if Mabel is in trouble and then I'd come back." Dipper walked forward. Then he did something rash. He grabbed Bill's necklace and used the strong chain to pull his face down. Dipper smashed his lips against Bill's.

The kiss was filled with passion beyond anything. It was as if Dipper was trying to heal all of Bill's pain in that one kiss. They didn't pull away for a good five minutes because neither needed to much air. When they did though, Bill was wide eyed and panting. Dipper was bright red.

"What was that for?" Bill panted. Dipper wrapped his arms around his waist.

"You think I'm going to let anyone that has shown me this much kindness be unhappy?" He said into Bill's chest. "That will never happen. I don't-"

Suddenly he collapsed to the floor shrieking in pain. Bill fell to his knees beside him. "Dipper? Dipper!" He yelled. Finally Dipper stopped screaming and lay there panting.

"Mabel. She's in trouble." He panted. Bill immediately stood and walked out of the cabin, not bothering to put his coat on. Dipper heard him start to shout orders to the crew. He stumbled to his feet and shakily walked out onto the deck. Bill stood at the railing watching the sea. Dipper stumbled over.

"I don't know where she's at." He said. Bill didn't listen as he turned and shouted some more orders to the crew.

"I have an idea. You used the Siren's Song to get her to leave right?" Bill tilted his head towards the smaller boy.

"Yeah." Dipper said wary.

"Well then I know where to go. And I might get to avenge my brother and my eye." Bill fingered his necklace. The blue stone inset in it glowed slightly. "I know Will. I will get you back." Bill murmured. Dipper stared at the necklace.

"That's, you have, Will is in that soul stone?" Dipper asked. Bill stared straight ahead.

"Yes and we might want to hurry before history repeats itself." He said stone faced. Dipper gasped. This has all happened before?

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
Bill is a siren! I wanted to throw a curve at you so voilà! Bill's story is still a mystery. I'm debating on making a separate book about just Bill's past. A prequel to this one. What do you guys think? Well seeya snowflakes

Peace Love and Snowflakes!