Chapter Three

Bill watched the people shrink away from him as he walked back and forth across the deck. Let them be afraid. It's better then.

He sighed. The last time he had let anyone get close to him caused him a lot of pain. But he couldn't think about that right now. The queen would be aboard soon. He couldn't look frazzled.

He stopped pacing and stood at the rail watching the bustling dock below. Men didn't dare make eye contact with him and women didn't even look up from fear. He smiled slightly thinking about the hold he had on all these people. He could crush them like bugs if he so wanted.

The smile dropped from his face. But he wouldn't. He owed that much to his brother. He wouldn't kill for fun. Only for protection. Nothing else. He shook his head and looked at the people below. A red flashes in his preferable vision. Within the space of two seconds he blocked a swing from a sword and had his pushed against his attacker's throat.

"What are you doing on my ship, Wendy." He hissed in her ear. The redhead grit her teeth.

"What makes you think you're so high and mighty, Cipher?" She growled back. She squirmed a bit but froze when Bill pushed his sword further up into the soft flesh of her neck.

"I could ask the same with you." He breathed in her ear. "I climbed my way up, what about you, girl?"

"Oh quit your act, Bill." Wendy clawed at the blade against her neck. "You aren't human. What are you?"

"What makes you say that?" He growled. Wendy clenched her teeth when he pushed harder into her neck, the sharp blade making a small cut.

"Let me go." She tried even harder to get the sword away from her neck.

"Why? You attempted to attack me." Bill pointed out. Wendy sighed. "What do you want child?"

"Let me join your crew." She sighed. Bill stumbled back. That's what she wants? To join his crew?

"Why should I?" Bill spit as Wendy rubbed her neck.

"Because, I can be helpful. And I've got a score to settle." She lowered her green eyes. Bill sighed.

"Very well." He complied. Wendy looked up hopefully. "But, I have a few rules. One. You only get two chances. Other then that, I throw you overboard. Two. I do not go ashore. Three. You do not disrespect sirens while under me."

"Why?" Wendy stopped him.

"Because I owe my life to a siren." Bill narrowed his eye. "Four. Do not disobey any orders that come right from me. No matter how stupid they may sound. Five. You come when I yell. Six. No fighting with each other. A simple squabble is permitted but no weapons. Seven. I train whoever is on this ship. No matter how much you already know, you can still learn. Eight. Do not be late for anything."

"Capt'n? The Queen's 'ere." A man ran up to him. He sighed.

"Fergus, continue telling Wendy the rules around here. I must go." Bill turned on his heel and walked off. Wendy watched him go. His golden hair shifted slightly in the breeze. She couldn't help but be in awe of him. He came from nothing, she knew that much, yet is the most feared and respected man in the world.

She turned to Fergus and watched as he began walking. "Come with me." He said. Wendy quickened her step until she was walking beside him. "'Ow far did 'e get into thee rules?"

"Eight." Wendy said. Fergus nodded.

"Good. 'E told ye the biggest then I imagine?" Fergus tilted his head enough to look at her. His long red hair was pulled back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck.