Chapter Two

Bill looked at where the two sirens had went under. He smiled. Dipper was good to his sister. You could tell that much from how he attacked the ship so viscously. There were claw marks and tooth marks everywhere. A few men in his crew has scratches and bites from him. James ended up overboard. Bill had laughed at the sight. Serves him right.

"Capt'n?" One of the younger boys shyly walked up to him. He turned.

"Yes?" Bill asked. He kept his tone light. He didn't want to scare the boy.

"We're nearing port." He said. "Are you going ashore?"

"No. I don't go ashore. I thought you knew that." Bill turned back to the ocean. "I don't do land."

"I'm sorry capt'n. I didn't." The boy hung his head.

"Don't make the mistake again. It could cost you your life." Bill lifted the boy's head a bit. "Be glad that I'm in an acceptable mood this morning. You could've been in trouble if I wasn't."

"'Ank you fer that information." The boy grinned. Already he had a gold tooth. He saluted and ran off. Bill chuckled.

"Capt'n? I just received news from the queen. The lass wants to talk to ye." His first mate walked up behind him.

"Are we really that close to port already?" Bill smirked. In response he heard shouting from behind him. The ship jerked as it docked. He heard heavy footsteps behind him. With a subtle move of his hand, he drew his sword and blocked the man behind him from slicing off his eyepatch. He smirked at the grey haired man.

"Stanley." He greeted with a smirk. The older looking man smirked back.

"Still sharp as ever I see." Stan said. Bill gave a flick of his wrist and sent Stan's sword skittering across the deck.

"Stanley. This is no time for games." A voice said behind him. Bill peeked over Stan's shoulder at another man that looked exactly like Stan only a little sterner.

"I just wanted to know how a pirate with only one eye can see as good as he can." Stan said innocently. Bill chuckled.

"Still tight as a fisherman's knot I see, Stanford." He nodded at the man.

"The queen wishes to see you at her home in the castle at once." Ford narrowed his eyes. "I see no reason that her highness wishes to barter with a lowlife like you though."

"Ah Stanford. I don't go on land. The queen can come aboard my ship here if she would like but I don't leave my ship. Understood?" Bill sheathed his sword and strode over to pick up Stan's.

"And why not?" Ford shot at him. Bill chuckled.

"Because I've lived on the water my whole life. I'm not changing that now." He spread his arms. "The sea is my home. I can go anywhere I want, food is plentiful, entertainment is daily, water is everywhere, the breeze is clean, the days are never to hot or cold, the sea is perfect!"

"Pirates." Ford muttered. Stan punched him.

"Like you didn't have the sense of adventure when we we're young too." He scolded. Bill handed him his sword.

"There's a difference between the sense of adventure and where you feel at home Stanley." Bill said as he pushed the weapon into Stan's hand. "You liked the thrill, I'm drawn to it. There's a difference." He turned and walked off. Stan and Ford watched after him as he started shouting orders to the men.

"What does he mean he drawn to the sea? How is that even possible?" Ford asked as Stan stayed silent. "Stan? Stanley? Oh Lord. STANLEY!"

❄❄❄